26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame Install

Thanks. Once it warms up a little more, I get to do my first SLAM, I have a bit of algae due to owner neglect in the fall, ha ha. Looks like you enjoy yours as much as we do ours, looking at your signature! My neighbor/BIL has a traditional 27' pool, and his kids spent the end of the summer in ours instead.

1796256b29508faf03fc050c404e94ed-1.jpg

Started using Tapatalk, trying out downloading a picture or two.

My pool 2 weeks ago....

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

656c09a05bda1995ecd36d26777b6b10-1.jpg

Day 3

cb40dcfe12fa7a71bad66a2897fa4683-1.jpg

1 week

98fbc8b020bdced8dcf16fc16d96685c-1.jpg

Week 2. I can't reach the whole way across to vacuum, the water is below 60 again. I got in once when it was 65. I have been brushing and holding the chlorine level steady, until it gets warm enough to get in and finish it off. Been back washing every few days. PH steady at 7.2. It seems to like to stay low. (No pucks!) TA about 70. Cya is around 25, I need to add some more soon.
I didn't cover the pool, there were some leaves most of the wknter. The algae appeared late fall. Mildest winter I can ever remember.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

With the mild winter we had, I honestly thought it would be worse. It barely froze over. Maybe had a slab of ice 3" at most for a little bit. The previous winter it would have froze solid the whole winter, it was so cold!

I'm close to completion, just wish it would stay warm enough to get the water tolerable to get in and finish the cleaning.

It doesn't look as green as I thought it would be. LOL

Looks good!

I have mine covered. I'm going to pull the solar off n run the pump for an hour n throw it back on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm hoping to be up to 74° this week.... Crossing fingers

Hey PAGirl! Very nice setup and deck! Couple questions though... does one need to actually do the crushed rock base? We are getting ready to set our up this weekend. Ground is level, planned a some sand for minor leveling.

And about the green, is that normal if you leave it up over winter as we plan to do the same. TIA for any info or tips ;-)

Re: 26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame Install

Thanks!I think I went green because I didn't cover it. If I recall, we had quite a few rainy days in the fall, so I stopped tending to the pool. It went green before winter, so I just left the cover off.
I don't think you would have to do the crusher rock if you have a solid base of dirt. Our soil is pretty rocky, so I figured the crusher would help some by making it more solid. I would definitely recommend the pavers under the legs.

Re: 26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame Install

Here is the sidewalk we made this weekend. Still need to tidy up the dirt a bit amd and level a few a little better. Nothing fancy, but couldn't pass up the sale, $1. per block.

e47ddbc27aab17315030570d278194d7-1.jpg

I left it up last winter, uncovered. It was fine. Might cover it this year, though, to keep the leaves, etc. out. I am on municipal water, but it's a rural one and we are at the end of the line, so our water isn't that great.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.