Suggestions for a new pool vacuum

Good Morning to all,
I am brand new to this site and have an IG pool with vinyl liner ( 20 x 40 size) and many years ago had purchased a Creepy Krawler (spelling...) which my husband had difficulty with setting the weights to adjust to the bottom of our pool. We have been without one for almost 20 years! Yikes...
I found through research the Dolphin DX5 from Maytronics. The price was a bit shocking to me. Could I ask for advice from the members here? I would really like to purchase one this week as I am having a gathering at the end of this weekend and would love to see my pool sparkle. I truly appreciate
any input and advice as it has been 20 years since my last purchase of a pool vacuum. Living in New England does add to my situation as we have leaves, constantly changing weather (causing more algae) which I believe adds to the factor of which vac I should purchase. Thank You so very much!

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

Sparkling water and recurring algae are not things a pool cleaner or filter will fix. They are both symptoms of incorrectly balanced/sanitized water. What you need is a quality test kit and to get your water in line. While I do have a Dolphin M5 robot, my water sparkled before I got it. The robot is just going to clean up debris on the bottom of the pool, not clear the water.

We base our pool care system on accurate testing and only adding what the pool needs, when it needs it. To do that you need your own accurate test kit. Order a TF100 and at least include the XL option. That will give you what you need while you are clearing the pool, and probably enough reagents for a couple of years normal use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.