10,000 Gallon using BBB

Apr 1, 2017
Vancleave/MS
Hello,
I have a 10,000 gallon above ground pool. For the past 2 years I have tried the traditional chlorine and salt systems. My pool was constantly giving me fits. My friends dad told me he used the BBB method and his pool is insanely beautiful. I am ready to refill my pool and I need the amounts of each of the chemicals to get me started. I am going to buy a good test kit to keep it up. Suggestions for that will be greatly appreciated as well. So, what are the amounts of each of the 3 B's so I need to get started.

P.S. My son is itching to get wet and catch some Vitamin D so please someone help me.

TIA,
Jason

There is not set amount of each of the three that you have to put in. Water supply used and local conditions make each pools chemistry unique.

Go to the pool school section and read up on it. It sounds confusing at first but break it down into little sections at a time.

And the tf 100 test kit is the best and really only way yo go if you want reliable results on your water chemestry. Also a must have to enshure you are putting in the right amount of chemicals.

I just opened and had sick green water when my cover came off and within a week i have crystal clear water. The system works and makes one less dependant on the pool store. The system works well. But there is a certain amount of work you have to put into it. Once you have a handle on it all it gets super simple and adjustments to your chemestry are small

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum:wave:

I need the amounts of each of the chemicals to get me started

We get asked that a lot. Think of it like asking for directions to get to a certain place. The first thing before we can do that is to find out where you are.

We need you to provide us with current test results from one of the kits we suggest. Get that kit and post up your results. We'll have you testing and learning in no time. Hundreds of pool owners here on the forum will help.

Hey there Jason, we can help. First you need to order the test kit- either the Taylor K-2006 or TF-100. Tftestkits.net or poolsupplyworld.com both have those two kits. NO other testkit, please.

While waiting for it to arrive and IF your pool is just was filled and nothing else put in it: put 53 ounces of granular stabilizer in a sock and put it in your skimmer with the pump running continuously until it is all dissolved. Squeeze the sock now and then to speed it up. it may actually have to be done in a couple of socks just as long as they don't impede water in the skimmer. How'd I get that number you ask? Good question- I used the PoolMath app at the top of the page. Go play with it, it will be your next best friend after the test kit.

Then put 1/2 jug of regular plain household bleach in daily and make sure it gets mixed in well by the pump. This will keep things steady until your test kit arrives. Once your test kit arrives we can hone down on specifics and add chemicals *if required* but based on test results.

Once the kit comes and you perform a full set of test results bring them back to us written like this:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

start reading Pool School to learn how we manage our pools- ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and Pool School - How to Chlorinate Your Pool are a good start....then move on from there.

Any questions? Bring 'em on!

Welcome to TFP- glad to have you here!

Yippee :flower:

Welcome to TFP!

Just to add onto what Yippee said and to make sure you are 100% certain, please don't add anything else to your pool besides the stabilizer (CYA) and bleach (chlorine). Those two will be more than enough for now to hold you over until your test kit shows up. No other chemicals need to go in at this point, no pucks, no algaecide, no clarifiers, nothing. Once you post your test results, then we can work on getting pH, TA, CH in line.

You should also run a set of tests on your fill water and let us know if it is well water or city water. Don't bother running the CYA test on fill water because it will be zero.

Please also take some time to fill out your signature with your pool details: size, pool type, wall material, equipment details such as pumps, filter type, heater, test kit type, etc..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.