***Testimonial contest - win a Free Test Kit!*** (HURRY!)

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
After the upgrade next month, I am going to put in a testimonials page to let new users know why they should continue to visit and participate at TFP. From now until Wednesday, 5/28/08, at noon (CST), every person who posts a testimonial in this thread will be entered in a drawing to win a free TF-100 test kit from www.tftestkits.com, courtesy of TroubleFreePool.com.

The testimonial should be a brief description as to how you have benefited or why you like or recommend TroubleFreePool.com. I'll choose several of these to be on the testimonials page, however, every person who makes a submission will be entered in the drawing. The test kit can only be shipped inside the continental U.S.

Please begin your testimonial with your first name and location.
Ex: Sean from Houston, Texas

Good luck!

I should mention that even if you already have a test kit, you are still welcome to enter. If you win, you could re-sell the kit as it will be shipped to whatever US address you provide.

If you don't care about winning the kit at all, you are still welcome to leave a testimonial. :wink:

Attachments

• IMG03380-20130620-1035.jpg
    IMG03380-20130620-1035.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG03381-20130620-1035.jpg
    IMG03381-20130620-1035.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 8
Steve from Morris, IL

We have had a pool for about 7 years now, and for the first two or three my wife did all the maintenance on it. She did a good job, but we followed the pool store guidelines. She eventually came to the conclusion that all she needed to be concerned with were the Ph and Cl levels. We used bags of powdered shock, and would put in a bag a day, and occasionally two. She had a strong suspicion that the pool store was causing us more problems, and that there was some cycle going on with chlorine, until an algae bloom occurred, shock, algaecide, and let the water clear up. This was at our first house.

We eventually finished our rehab of this house, and when we went to sell it, the new buyers did not want the pool. So, we were left with tearing it down, and destroying the yard in our new house to set it up again. My wife told me that she did not want any part of taking care of the pool, and that it was going to be on me. So the first thing I did was google pool care, and eventually came to the PoolForum, which was full of such amazing information. I learned enough to be able to justify my actions and took over the pool using the BBB method right away. I tossed the Nature2 canister, began using bleach, and Muriatic Acid to control my chemistry. Needless to say, alot of people's eyes would glaze over when they saw me using bleach, and pretty much nobody listens to reason. But, the results speak louder than words, and my pool is always clear, and the water never gets algae.

So, with the demise of the other forum, I came here right after it started and helped out any way that I could to get things going. This website keeps me informed of all the latest trends in pools, it intrigues me in the discussions on what happens on a molecular level and deep water chemistry topics. The ingenuity of our community here is something that I just love, seeing how people overcome problems, and designing and making things on their own.

I now have a pool that has perfectly balanced water, salt added, and this spring I turned it from a green swamp into a sparkling oasis using the techniques found in this forum. The money that I saved from stopping the pool store procedure is great, and for the doubters, the proof is in the water.

Thanks Steve. You're entered but for reference, that was a little longer than I'm looking for.

Here's how I would use yours,

sevver said:
Steve from Morris Illinois says, "(Thanks to TFP), ...this spring I turned it (my pool)from a green swamp into a sparkling oasis using the techniques found in this forum. The money that I saved from stopping the pool store procedure is great, and for the doubters, the proof is in the water.

Thanks!

Craig from Flower Mound, Texas

I came to TFP knowing very little about pools. Having purchased a home with a pool, I knew that I needed help. TFP gave me the answers. Now, my pool has the best looking water on the block and with only a commitment of about 5 minutes a day with regular household chemicals, saving hours of time and thousands of dollars. Thanks TFP!

Harry from Central Texas

Keeping a pool clear and algae free is tough in this area. After getting pool stored the first year, I found TFP and saved a LOT of money. No more buying expensive algaecides and other chemicals, adding ever-increasing amounts of cal-hypo and tri-clor in a vain attempt to keep the walls from turning green. Now it looks like my pool was filled with bottled water!

Attachments

• IMG03410-20130620-1953.jpg
    IMG03410-20130620-1953.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG03411-20130620-1957.jpg
    IMG03411-20130620-1957.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 6
I have had my pool for 6 years and was spending a fortune using pool store techniques, Have been on the BBB system since opening (as featured here on TFP)and my pool water has never looked or felt better, this place is what all the websites pretend to be a great place for pool owners to share ideas, offer help and advice and they treat newcomers wonderfully.

Mark

Tulsa OK

I am extremely glat to have found TroubleFreePool. I am in the middle of having a pool built and could not have found more unbiased information or help with my questions anywhere. It's nice to have a reality check against what your pool broker tries to sell you.

Steve
Escondido, CA

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mike from Hendersonville, Tennessee

I found TFP while researching run times for my pool pump, and have never left. Thanks to the wonderful people I've met there, I've discovered how to properly maintain my pool using the BBB method, and my pool has never looked better! The level of expertise found at TFP to help with issues ranging from algae blooms to equipment malfunctions to critters in the pool is second to none, and the friendliness of the posters is second to none as well. In my opinion, there's no need to go to any other pool-related site, which is why I became a Lifetime Supporter. TFP Rocks!

Years ago I learned how to manage my pool through the PoolForum site. I am delighted that Trouble Free Pool is continuing that tradition, with numerous knowledgeable pool owners sharing helpful information and answering a wide range of questions. I learn something new on every visit.

Coty
Charlotte NC

Wendy from Northwest Minnesota

Trouble Free Pool is the only one-stop information gold mine on the net to find out everything you need to maintain pools and spas, from Intex to Above Ground Pools and spas to great big Olympic sized mega pools. The best part is that they aren't a pool store or product manufacturer here to "sell" you any products, services or chemicals - it's all real personal knowledge based information from people like you and me with real life pool problems with a goal of finding the easiest and most cost efficient way to spend time with our pools - IN the pool, not WORKING on the pool! Thanks TFP!!

With the help of TFP, I converted from baquagoo & lot's of problems with white-water-mold, to sparkling clean water & bleach.

Converting was a bit scary first, but I knew what to expect, due to all the other testimonials!!! So I battled the brown, green, yellow water.... WITHOUT fear!! (My husband was freaking out!)

We had company this weekend, everybody was impressed with the nice, clean water!!

THANKS!

Heike
in
Tennessee

I found Trouble Free Pool while doing research on a broken drain fitting on my new pool. The advice on how to repair the fitting was helpful to verify that the PB was using the correct repair procedure. Since then I have found it to be invaluable in maintaining my pool.

Donald & Sarah Schlicht
Valrico, FL

Thanks to TFP an 1100 mile move saved me thousands. I was able to research through TFP for equipment and where to find deals as well as learn the ways to save money. Now being in the process of building my 3rd pool I have learned about a lot of the mistakes I made before. As well as learn how to handle subcontractors. It has also given me endless ideas on how to upgrade my pool now and in the future. All of this before I even start with chemistry issues in which I'm sure now I'll save hundreds on chemicals and headaches being pool stored. I surely wish I had found TFP for my last 2 pools. Thanks TFP!

Heather, Prosperity South Carolina

I've been viewing this site for quite some time while I get my fall-spring pool build to a finished state.
The wealth of information on this site is a tremendous help, throughout my pool build and down the road when I begin to maintain it. I am glad I found this before I headed down this path of owning my first pool. Thanks everyone!

Ron, Pembroke, MA

Julie C.-Ganado, TX.....Thanks to finding Trouble Free Pools online, I now have hope and a LOT of support to achieve that sparkling, crystal clear pool water that I longed for last summer. Amongst the wealth of information on this site is also the nicest group of people that are super informative and you'll find a friend in their "been there..done that" experiences!!

David from Katy, Texas

No major miracles performed here, but then, no miracles needed because I found TFP before my pool was built. Existing members held my hand through every aspect of the build process and through making my water as clear as a bell from when it was filled.

Everyone that sees our pool asks "how do you get your pool so sparkling?". I say , "because I know how to keep up with the chemistry to keep it that way." All because of TFP!

Thanks Sean, and members!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.