Why isn't the TF-100 sold on amazon?

plnewb

Aug 17, 2023
SoCal
I am curious why the TF-100 isn't sold on amazon or eBay?
Are there similar FAS-DPD test kits that are sold on amazon or eBay?
Can I purchase the reagents for the TF-100 on amazon or eBay?

I stopped buying reagents on Amazon some time ago. It was was a roll of the dice whether or not I would receive fresh reagents. I found more reliable sources that perhaps weren’t the lowest price, but I always get fresh reagents.

Are these sources local/B&M or online? Would like to know some of the online sources

My concern with ordering reagents in 100F heat is that they might be damaged in transit from the high temp.

I’ve not had any issues with damaged reagents from these sources, but most of the time I order everything I need for the season in April. On rare occasions, I may run low on something and order it later in the season. You could contact Taylor about your concerns and see what they say.

They are pretty fast on the TFtestkits.net website. Typically ship it same day if ordered early enough in the day and my guess is it will arrive anywhere in the states within 3-5 days. Not as quick as Amazon 2 day but with Chems I prefer to get from trusted source.

I can add a little. TFTestkits is kind of a stickler for quality control and freshness of the reagents. When a shipping behemoth like Amazon becomes a third party, a significant part of that control is lost. It's really a better supply path when TFTestkits receives your order and ship very fresh reagents, often within hours. Amazon simply cannot do that. They can likely get your order to you in 2-3 days but how long has it been in the warehouse?

Don't get me wrong, I am an Amazon fan but there are just some products where freshness and quality control are an essential part of the package. TFTestkits is always mindful of that control when they ship you the best product they can produce as quickly as possible. Swimming pools are a huge investment and TFP thinks they offer the most reliable and precise kits on the market to help you protect that investment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I once ordered red wheat flour from Amazon … it was shipped in the same box as other items, it was not packed or secured properly, and the other items were in plastic packs with sharp edges that cut into the flour bag … it was a disaster when I opened the box …. INSIDE MY HOUSE 😡 And, if that wasn’t enough, the flour had meal bugs in it (it was an organic, non-GMO product).

Moral of the Story - be very careful what you order off Amazon ..

Reactions: proavia and Bperry
Have you checked your local pool store? TFTestKits use Taylor reagents. If I'm in need of one or two reagents, I just stop by the pool store for them. Check the dates on the bottles. I found some bottles with expired dates. If I need more than two, I usually just order a refill kit from TFTestKits.

I've had pretty good luck ordering reagents from Amazon, typically the expiration dates are 18 months or more out, which is more than good enough.
I have however identified a particular seller on Amazon that seem to do this well. (Not sure how they manage as the product is shipped from Amazon).

I've had pretty good luck ordering reagents from Amazon, typically the expiration dates are 18 months or more out, which is more than good enough.
I have however identified a particular seller on Amazon that seem to do this well. (Not sure how they manage as the product is shipped from Amazon).

Which seller?

Last edited:
Reactions: tradewinds
Hello,
We don't sell on eBay or Amazon as that removes our ability to handle customer service personally. When you buy a TF test kit, part of what you are paying for is the personalized customer service in addition to the supplies themselves. We are pool owners as well who have been through many of the same problems that our customers have.

We ship same-day if you order before noon EST, and usually customers receive their orders in three days or less. Everything we sell comes with a one-year warranty and if you have any issues we cannot solve, we will replace the reagent free of charge.
Thanks for your interest in the kit.
Nate @ TFT

Amazon charges some pretty hefty fees too- Amazon is going to take roughly 15% of that of the total price (item + shipping/handling/packaging).

There are some credits and stuff around shipping fees and packaging, but ultimately, you pay a fairly stiff price to sell products via Amazon.

Shop small, shop local if you can. I'd rather Sarah and Nate get the extra $10. Last I looked, they weren't looking to build their own space station...

I once ordered red wheat flour from Amazon … it was shipped in the same box as other items, it was not packed or secured properly, and the other items were in plastic packs with sharp edges that cut into the flour bag … it was a disaster when I opened the box …. INSIDE MY HOUSE 😡 And, if that wasn’t enough, the flour had meal bugs in it (it was an organic, non-GMO

Moral of the Story - be very careful what you order off Amazon ..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.