Where do you buy your Taylor Test Kits

Nov 24, 2012
Irvine, CA
Bought a Taylor 2515 DPD drop test kit off Amazon. Local pool store does not have this kit as imdont think the masses buy this kit

Received product and the reagents are expired. Getting a replacement will probably yield more expired product.

Where do you suggest buying this test kit from?

Purchased this on 11/25/23. I'm sure it will ok for a month or so, but beyond that.....

Attachments

• IMG_5804.jpeg
    IMG_5804.jpeg
    445.7 KB · Views: 16
Bought a Taylor 2515 DPD drop test kit off Amazon. Local pool store does not have this kit as imdont think the masses buy this kit

Received product and the reagents are expired. Getting a replacement will probably yield more expired product.

Where do you suggest buying this test kit from?

Purchased this on 11/25/23. I'm sure it will ok for a month or so, but beyond that.....
Tftestkits.net

Make sure you get the FAS-DPD kit.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Update your signature to show ALL the "Taylor Test Kits" you have - include the kit model numbers.
We can then better advise you as to what you need test kit wise.

As mentioned above, That is the wrong test.
The k1515 a is the fas/dpd test.
That said, tftestkits.net is a very reliable source for reagents - always fresh & they will make everything right if there's any problem.
You want to make sure you have all the tests you need not just the fas/dpd

I didn't buy a complete test kit to start with and would "add on" as I learned more. I already have a stand alone CYA, TA, FC &pH, salt meter. The kits listed above and in the links seem to be redundant to what I already have. I just need the 1515 so I can SLAM my pool.

As mentioned above, That is the wrong test.
The k1515 a is the fas/dpd test.
That said, tftestkits.net is a very reliable source for reagents - always fresh & they will make everything right if there's any problem.
You want to make sure you have all the tests you need not just the fas/dpd
I already have all the day to day test kits. See post above. I just need the Taylor 1515 to slam. You can read my SLAM progress a d testing in the controlling algae forum

I didn't buy a complete test kit to start with and would "add on" as I learned more. I already have a stand alone CYA, TA, FC &pH, salt meter. The kits listed above and in the links seem to be redundant to what I already have. I just need the 1515 so I can SLAM my pool.
So you got the 1515 or 2515? Amazon isn’t great option. You can buy just the FAS-DPD reagents from tftestkits.net

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know it seems redundant to buy a full kit but it is nice to have everything together in one box. It also costs more to piece one together separately in the long run.
In the spring (march) be sure to check on tftestkits as they have a big sale.
by then you may be low on reagents and or some may be expired/old. Its a good time to get the whole shebang.
For now hopefully you can get your $ back for what you bought & get some fresh stuff from tftestkits (the link ajw22 posted). You’ll also get more than double amount of r-0871 as compared to the Taylor one for roughly the same price to prevent you running out while working on the slam.

@diamonddog - Do you have testing reagents for CH and CC?
If not and your reagents are a year old, cut your losses and order a complete new kit.
The TF-Pro Salt would suit you and your SWG pool well.
The drop based salt test is much better than most meters.
All of the other required tests are included, along with the stirring device.

I see your PoolMath logs are linked to your forum account already.
Start entering your test results into PoolMath to make them easier for you and us to see.

Last edited:
Amazon has many supply paths. I use TF Test Kits for most purposes, but a couple of times needed a DPD test refill very quickly (argh... by mistake left my testing stuff out in the hot sun for hours) and used this Amazon supplier. What they sent was very fresh. Actually, by appearance - pure white color - it was fresher than TF Test Kits, which was a bit gray and clumped up into bigger crystals on arrival.

Last edited:
On this forum, old reagents from Amazon are reported noticeably more often than TFTestkits.

TFTestkits reagents are guaranteed fresh for 1 year from the ship date.

I would not consider Amazon a reliable source for reagents and, unless I am mistaken, they are NOT faster unless you pay to expedite,

Reactions: proavia
, unless I am mistaken, they are NOT faster unless you pay to expedite,

Shipping time and cost depends on a few things with Amazon:
  • Are you an Amazon Prime customer?
  • Is the product eligible for free Prime shipping?
  • Where the closest Amazon warehouse that has the product is?
I am a Prime customer and depending on the product Amazon may deliver it from same day to 2 days at no additional cost. Estimated delivery time is shown before you order the product. Amazon delivery trucks pass through my neighborhood a few times a day and Amazon trucks are doing deliveries into the night.

However, as discussed, you do not know how long the product you are getting has been sitting in an Amazon warehouse or the storage conditions.

I switched away from Amazon Prime and purhased Walmart+. $99 fee from Walmart......$179 from Walmart.

Walmart+ has free shipping on EVERYTHING and I find it generally a better deal. Returns to Walmart+ are quite painless.

It is pretty difficult to get Jeff Bezos to return your call about an AMAzon order. Nate and Sarah return calls usually the same day (if they are not yachting) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TFP refills and test kits STILL are the best deal on chemistry, The kits are designed to work with TFP procedures.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.