Where’s the Heat!?

We finally got a taste of summer yesterday and took my first swim of the season (sunny with air temp in mid 80s, water temp 78). Still chilly, but it felt so good to finally swim!

Reactions: JamesW
We finally got a taste of summer yesterday and took my first swim of the season (sunny with air temp in mid 80s, water temp 78). Still chilly, but it felt so good to finally swim!

We call that “March” around here …

Glad you got to swim. You can send Canada the bill for all your lost swim time …

Reactions: Saturn94

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It has felt like March here in Laughlin for the last several weeks. Crazy cool weather.

Same here. Normally June is filled with triple digit daytime temps and the overnight temps barely dip below 90F. We won’t see any triple digit days until the end of this week and last night the air temp sunk down to 68F … 🥶

We’re all joking that it’s still “sweater weather” …

Interesting.
It's been different in the Pacific NW the past few weeks. Normal first swimming day is memorial weekend. This year it was 2nd weekend in May. Been swimming almost daily since, except for a few rainy days. So about 2 weeks ahead of the usual here.

Interesting.
It's been different in the Pacific NW the past few weeks. Normal first swimming day is memorial weekend. This year it was 2nd weekend in May. Been swimming almost daily since, except for a few rainy days. So about 2 weeks ahead of the usual here.

So you’re the one who stole the start of our swim season! 😝

Reactions: borjis
Still no break in the cool/cloudy weather, and the forecast for the week isn’t looking promising. Pool is 71. Low pressure systems just sit off the coast and won’t budge. The lack of sunny days is literally depressing.

This is nuts. In the almost 20 years we’ve had this pool this is the first time it’s been too cold to use for the entire month of May. At this rate, we may not be swimming in June as well. It’s not even nice enough weather to at least sit by the pool and enjoy the view (of the cold water!).

Y’all need to share some of that sunshine and heat!

There has been one benefit; FC demand is really low. 😁
Our weather in Wisconsin has been wildly inconsistent but not all bad. First, I was able to take a chilly swim in my 70-degree pool in the middle of April. That's about a month earlier than ever before. It quickly cooled back down, though, and didn't get back above 70 until mid-May. Then, from just before Memorial Day into last week a nice heat wave got my water up to an all-time high of 91 degrees. (which I've never been even remotely close to until July). Alas, since this past weekend, cold again, daytime highs in the 60s and the pool back to the low 70s.

I never thought I'd have a warmer pool than in SE Virginia!

Reactions: Saturn94
Our weather in Wisconsin has been wildly inconsistent but not all bad. First, I was able to take a chilly swim in my 70-degree pool in the middle of April. That's about a month earlier than ever before. It quickly cooled back down, though, and didn't get back above 70 until mid-May. Then, from just before Memorial Day into last week a nice heat wave got my water up to an all-time high of 91 degrees. (which I've never been even remotely close to until July). Alas, since this past weekend, cold again, daytime highs in the 60s and the pool back to the low 70s.

I never thought I'd have a warmer pool than in SE Virginia!
A similar story we had a nice period warm weather in NJ in the mid to upper 80's pushing my pool water to 86 degrees. Cooled down then warmed back up the last few days until today we finally go rain after like 2 weeks of dry weather. Off to Hawaii for summer weather for 2 weeks so I'm guessing by the time we come back Jersey will be Jersey and the heat and humidity will have arrived.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.