Where’s the Heat!?

A similar story we had a nice period warm weather in NJ in the mid to upper 80's pushing my pool water to 86 degrees. Cooled down then warmed back up the last few days until today we finally go rain after like 2 weeks of dry weather. Off to Hawaii for summer weather for 2 weeks so I'm guessing by the time we come back Jersey will be Jersey and the heat and humidity will have arrived.

I don't know, the weather here has been crazy. My vegetable garden has no idea what to do between stretches of no rain, and then sudden inundations, 80 degree high days followed by dips into the low 60's at night. Air quality ranging between 20 ppm to I have problems seeing across the street from all of the smoke.

Even with the solar cover on, the temps in my pool go all over the place. "It is finally warming up, maybe I will swim tomorrow, oh look at that, it dropped like 7 degrees overnight"

My pool water has been going below 80F at night. Yesterday I noticed it started off at 76F … it’s mid-June and the overnight air temps are still dipping into to 60’s. Normally it would be triple digit day time temps all day every day here in June. It’s only just now supposed to break 100F here.

It’s definitely a weird start to the summer.

Last week the pool finally hit 80. Still cooler than I prefer, but we got a few swimmable days. This week is back to cooler temps, with added bonus of rain, rain, and more rain! Pool is back down to 75.

Early this month we were joking we might be lucky to get more normal conditions by July 4th, but it’s looking like the joke may be on us! 😣

• Wow
Reactions: JamesW
Last week the pool finally hit 80. Still cooler than I prefer, but we got a few swimmable days. This week is back to cooler temps, with added bonus of rain, rain, and more rain! Pool is back down to 75.

Early this month we were joking we might be lucky to get more normal conditions by July 4th, but it’s looking like the joke may be on us! 😣
I feel for you! Meanwhile up here in the “frozen tundra”, my pool is the hottest it’s ever been. The water temp today was 92.4. I usually cover every night, but the solar cover is coming off for the weekend.

Crazy times we’re living in.

Reactions: Saturn94
67 F this morning. On June 24. In the desert. Crazy. Pool water in mid 70's. Put away the cover way too early.

Supposed to be 115F++ next weekend. Finally, summer.

We’ve been getting triple digit days lately but the night time temps are still going down to the high 60’s / low 70’s. Honestly I’m not complaining because June/July/Aug are the WORST months here in Tucson and so if one of the hellish months turns out to be a “only slightly better than Hades” month, I’m not complaining. I’ll just use the pool heater to make the water warmer.

One side benefit is that with the cooler evening, I feel like the snakes are probably staying underground more. Less rattlesnake activity is always a welcome event.

Reactions: mknauss
I feel for you! Meanwhile up here in the “frozen tundra”, my pool is the hottest it’s ever been. The water temp today was 92.4. I usually cover every night, but the solar cover is coming off for the weekend.

Crazy times we’re living in.

We have friends near Chicago and they have been much hotter and drier than usual. We also have friends near Denver and their swim season has been pretty much non existent like ours.

Like you said, crazy!

Reactions: magiteck
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.