Whats your fill water test results?

Why is that? For pool water, isn't it more problematic to have that high of a TA then it is that high of a CH? Or are you saying that because it is easier to reduce TA then to reduce CH?

Neither a high TA nor a high CH are desirable. Both have their downsides. I admit I'd rather fight TA than CH but both will cost you a lot of time and money to fix.

I'd like to install an outdoor water softener on my fill line to take my 250+ CH levels down a bit further. Won't be able to fill a pool with it but at least the automatic replenishment water would be better ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eastern Canada is where I reside, here is our fill water

CYA 0
FC .5
Ph 7.0
CH 20
Alk 20

And will test high in iron and copper, a lot of staining occurs in my area. Dearly looking for the best metal remover.

What are opinions on expensive pre filters?

Wish I could help but anything I suggest would be sold from the US which I know is a pain for you Canadians (availability and price). Hopefully some fellow Canucks will have a good idea.

A whole home water softener would help with metals but it can't fill a pool and you'd have to get a plumber to tie it in to an outdoor spigot as those are typically on a separate loop from the main interior plumbing of the house.

Sadly, no easy options for metals....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.