Got it!

I’ll check again this evening and see what I have.

Happy to hear your comment about the cover as i was hoping I would have minimal attention requirements related to the the chemical levels once it’s closed for the year.

Hoping the 1 drop variance is user error and I actually lost nothing overnight. That seems more reasonable.

I did switch to a new jug in my second pour, so we shall see.

I’ll update here…. Stay tuned! 😊
Checked now. 4.5ppm.

Not much time yet to have a true “trend” but, appears I’m loosing .5ppm per 12ish hours.

That seem high? Normal?

I’ve added LC a few times and am maintaining around 5-6 FC. Have not lost more than .5 ppm in 24 hours.

I vacuumed today for the first time with a manual vac. Holy Crud there was a ton of dirt on the bottom from all the construction and landscaping. The liner is a different color now!

Hoping all the organic Crud I got out will slow the FC consumption even more.

Reactions: Newdude
This will probably be my last post on this thread, but I wanted to close it out for anyone that finds it in the future…

I think (someone smarter than me chime in if I’m off base?) that when I initially added LC to my fill water I did have some algae in there. My water had sat for a few weeks completely untreated while final build steps were complete. In that time, even as cold as we were, I think some algae started brewing.

Here’s why I think that….

I added 77oz of 10% LC which should have brought my water to 6 FC.
I checked my water 24hrs later and I was at zero.
I added 77oz of 10% LC again.
I checked 30 mins later and FC was 5.5
From there I consumed .5 - 1 PPM daily for about 3 days
I added 29oz of 10% LC to maintain my 6ppm goal
From there I lost about .25 ppm daily. (I know the test isn’t accurate to this level but I’m saying this based off the # of days it took to drop FC.)
Added 38oz of 10% LC 7 days ago AND finally had time and temp to allow me to manually vacuum the Crud out of the pool for the first time. I also did my very first backwash.
Since than my FC has stayed 6ppm!

Mind you that my water is 50° and it’s Kansas. It’s still cold. And I have an autocover.

All this to say… I think I had algae and even though I passed the OCLT as I continued to dose it my water further stabilized.

Reactions: Newdude
Algae this time of year is mostly dormant for many of us. Its possible you could had a slow motion battle going on from both sides which your good cleaning finished off.

Once it starts growing exponentially again, there would be no question about it. :)

Reactions: Everett_88