Wedding Cake Step Pad

I don't use anything under out wedding cake steps. The bottom is perfectly smooth and I make sure to lightly sand the underside each spring before putting them back into the pool. Now I did just order new steps that have 4 contact points so now I am highly considering some form of a pad or just something to adhere under each foot.

Figured some type of rtv sealant or some really expensive good quality silicone. Also thought about construction adhesive like liquid nails or something along that lines. Even if it just last the year I'd be happy.

Nothing under steps. Algea farm waiting to happen.

Wedding cake steps ARE an algae/debris farm!! Not enough circulation on mine as they only have 4 holes on one side and 2 on the other that are about 2" in diameter. The back side has 2 holes that are maybe 6" in diameter. That's it. Very hard to clean under and get tired of constantly moving them every few days, which was a pain with how much weight was needed to hold them in place. I very seriously doubt that I could have gotten away with leaving them in place for the entire season and not have an issue with excessive chlorine consumption. So if they're having to be moved weekly to vacuum dirt and debris chewies out from under them than I wouldn't see a mat or pad as being any worse than having wedding cake steps themselves as it would be moved as well and cleaned under and around.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.