Pool dig

Lafanga

Dec 26, 2023
UK
Hi guys
Ive had a bestway 12x24ft above ground pool installed this year. The height is a bit of an issue as I have a marquee over it so I'm thinking of doing a half-dig of around 3-4ft to sit the pool in with a ft or so above ground.
I'm planning on a concrete pad. Question is do I need to reinforce the sides? The ground is flat/settled and has never been dug. Lots of tree roots in place stabilising the soil. Will the weight of the water hold the pool sides that are submerged, considering a ft will be above ground?

If not, what is the best way of doing this?

Thanks

Lafanga

The support for the pool is the frame. It works in conjunction with the liner- you must have a hole large enough for the frame to be used as designed. The dirt should not be touching the frame or the liner. A retaining wall should be installed to prevent collapse of the surrounding dirt & you will need drainage for the area that the pool & frame sits on or it will wash out & collapse the pool.
You cannot just bury it like a permanent hard walled above ground pool.
If you want a buried pool you will need to purchase one that is designed to be buried.
Most above ground hard walled pools that are approved for semi inground installation are still only supposed to be buried 36” max - you would need to check the specs for the specific pool you’re looking at.

Reactions: HermanTX and Dirk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.