Very old, dilapidated mechanical timer

brysclar

May 11, 2015
Tampa, FL
I understand the whole box is nightmarish. I have several questions, but let’s start with the basics. Can anyone identify this timer? How can I bypass it so the pump is just operated by the circuit breaker?

Attachments

• F69B25FF-7C90-460B-AD03-D1618D13C150.jpeg
    F69B25FF-7C90-460B-AD03-D1618D13C150.jpeg
    544.7 KB · Views: 16
I have not got experience with these timers but this summer I plan to replace the old mechanical timer with digital timers. I do not care for the mechanical timers, I have far more experience with the digital type. digital pool timers

I am definitely replacing my pool light timers with these. zip set timer It sets the on time to sundown in your area .

Now, if I wanted to replace this timer, where would I start? Do I need a whole new box?
An Intermatic T104M 240v mechanism will snap into that mounting bracket. An Intermatic T3040R will replace the entire thing if you want to stay with mechanical timers. Don't forget to upgrade to a ground-fault circuit breaker for the pump.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.