PNW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I know this is a old post but I'm having the same issue with my newly installed EasyTouch.

@feuGene Did you figure out what was causing the problem?

nw,

If you set a schedule for 8 am until 8 am, the pump should run 24/7.

What kind of EasyTouch do you have? Is it a lite version??

What is your current schedule?

What kind of pump do you have and how new is it.

If a new VSF, then you need to check the F/W level. If 3.03 or 3.04 it will need to be updated by Pentair.

Use the pump's display... Menu, Setting Device, F/W version

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your quick reply. I have tried to set a schedule for (a) 8 am to 8 am and (b) set two schedule which comprises of 24 hours (8 am to 5 pm and 5 pm to 8 am) but unfortunately neither of them keep the pump running 24/7. It is almost like the Easy Touch has a egg timer (even though it doesn't - I've checked) because the pump seems to stop randomly every 12 hours.

Here is my equipment:

Pentair IntelliPro 3 VSF
Pentair EasyTouch Control System 8
Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge Filter
Pentair Intellichlor SWG

I forgot to update my signature with my new equipment which I will do now. Any help is greatly appreciated.

nw,

I see you have an IntelliFlo3... I need to know how the EasyTouch is connected to the pump???

For the EasyTouch to control your pump, there has to be an RS-485 com cable between the pump and the EasyTouch.

Just to be clear, you can't use the IntelliFlo3 app to control the pump.

Every EasyTouch circuit has a 12 hour default egg-timer unless you set it to "Don't stop"

Keep in mind that you can only have 12 total schedules.. and that includes any egg-timers not set to the default of 12 hours, and any run once schedules.

If you have ScreenLogic, it will let you enter a bazillion schedules, but any over the 12 max, just won't work.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you for the quick response. I really appreciate it.

To clarify, I have an IntelliPro 3 pump, not a IntelliFlo 3 pump. Although, I doubt it makes much of a difference in this situation.

As far as I can tell, the pool installers didn't hook up a RS-485 cable. I have been running the pump through the app which, unless I'm reading your response incorrectly, is the incorrect way to control the pump.

Thank you for the information about the EasyTouch circuit 12 hour default. I thought if I scheduled something 24 hours it would run for 24 hours but it sounds like I have to schedule an "do not stop" egg timer. Correct?

nw,

If the EasyTouch was controlling the pump, then setting the schedule 8 am until 8 am is all you have to do. It will just run the pump 24/7.

A little background.. an egg-timer is what you use when you want to manually start something and have it shut off after x amount time. I'll use my fill line as an example. My fill line will only turn on when I push a button. Once on, it will shut off in an hour, because I have the egg-timer set for an hour. If, for some reason, you never wanted it to shut off you'd set it to "do not shut off". But.. You should not need to do that when something is turned on via a schedule.

If you are using the app to schedule the pump, then the EasyTouch has no clue what is going on.

Sorry, but anyone that would install an EasyTouch and not connect it to the pump via the com port cable is an idiot... :mad: :mrgreen:

You should get them to connect it correctly.. The standard IntelliPro/Flo came with a com cable, the new IntelliPro/Flo 3 does not and the cable is an added expense.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you for the help. I have a feeling that the pool installers did whatever was easiest to do.

While I wait for the installers to come out and install the RS-485 cable, is there a way to turn off the default circuit timer?

nw,

I looked through the IntelliPro 3 manual.. It is a little like reading a book in a foreign language that no one can understand.. :mrgreen:

The only thing that I saw that might help is a page that showed setting schedule 1 from 12 am until 12 am and then it showed (24 hours). Not sure if this means any two equal times will run it for 24 hours or that you need the exact 12 am until 12 am.

Make sure you are in Schedule and not timer or manual.

I did not see any egg-timers when I looked at the pump manual??? Where are you seeing egg-timers?

I see egg-timers in the EasyTouch, but without the com cable, the EasyTouch has no control over the pump.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I appologize for the confusion. I believe it is completely my fault. Basically I was asking if there is any way to change the default circuit timeout of 12 hours on the EzeTouch until the pump can communicate with the EasyTouch. The power for the pump is tied into the "Filter/Pump" button on the EasyTouch and thus shuts off every 12 hours.

The pump needs to be wired to the LINE side of the relay. The relay should NOT remove power from the pump. The pump is designed to have power all the time.

Reactions: proavia

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The power for the pump is tied into the "Filter/Pump" button on the EasyTouch and thus shuts off every 12 hours.
nw,

The guys that installed your pump are not really with it... :(

VS pumps are supposed to get constant AC power, so no relay is supposed to be in the path..

That said, since for now, it is what it is... You can set the Pool Circuit egg-timer to "Don't Stop". And then schedule the Pool Circuit to run 8 am until 8 am in the EasyTouch.

That should keep the Pump/Filter relay closed forever.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you both for your help! I really appreciate it. While I know this isn't the correct way to set it up, I can confirm if you set the Pool circuit egg-timer to "Do not stop", it does keep the pump running 24/7. Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Todd

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.