Trying to investigate source of leak in the skimmer area

Sbp003

May 19, 2023
Leander, TX
Hello. I'm looking to investigate the source of a leak right by one of my skimmer; below are the facts -

1. I have an ASR pool, hence I have a lot of cracks in my outer shell, see picture
2. The primary source of my initial leaks were cracked skimmers, both my skimmers were then patched up with ultrabond epoxy, I then checked using dye test and am confident that the skimmer itself is no longer leaking
3. However, I continue to notice water leaking through the cracked outer shell in the same skimmer area, see same pic
4. I'm now trying to figure out the true source of the leak; below are the actions i've taken but still seeing water leaking through the same area
4a. i have now turned off the skimmer valve at the pump and also plugged the skimmer hole at the skimmer, confirmed with dye test that plug is good
4b. i have also plugged the equalizer hole at the skimmer, confirmed with dye test that plug is good

After taking step 4a, I have noticed a reduction in the water leaking from the outer shell, so that tells me possibly the PVC joint may be failing, but not sure. I then took step 4b as well, have not noticed much of a difference, but its hard to say.

I'm looking for advice as to how can i further pinpoint the source of the leak and repair it to avoid having to keep refilling water, given the ASR, overall life expectancy of my pool is significantly reduced but hoping to get at least another few season out of it if i can fix the leak. What else could i do?

Attachments

• Outer crack.jpg
    Outer crack.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 9
Show us pics from all sides of the skimmer area you plugged.