This was in salt cell

Interesting. Do you have the rough dimensions or something you could put next to it in the picture for scale?

Also, just confirming that you do not have a heater since I do not see one listed in your signature.

inspected my Hayward salt cell and found this gray piece of tubing. Any idea what this is from?
Is it copper or some other material? Tell us what is before the SWCG, is it only the DE filter and the pump? Do you have any probes in the plumbing?

Thank you for replying. Here’s a pic of our equipment pad… and the gray tubing is made of plastic. I was stumped by it and also don’t understand why bugs are getting through the DE filter 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Attachments

• 1FC76176-0607-49A5-92D4-FAD00568B391.jpeg
    1FC76176-0607-49A5-92D4-FAD00568B391.jpeg
    304.5 KB · Views: 19
Is it copper or some other material? Tell us what is before the SWCG, is it only the DE filter and the pump? Do you have any probes in the plumbing?
It is plastic. Just the pump and DE filter before the salt cell. By probes would you mean maybe a temperature and salt reader probe? Thank you for replying!

Interesting. Do you have the rough dimensions or something you could put next to it in the picture for scale?

Also, just confirming that you do not have a heater since I do not see one listed in your signature.
We do not have a heater. Here is a better (?) pic of the tube, which is gray plastic. Thank you for replying to my question.

Attachments

• 1332F874-E00B-46BB-9D17-8467210C2698.jpeg
    1332F874-E00B-46BB-9D17-8467210C2698.jpeg
    297.8 KB · Views: 22
Can you show looking into the tube?

There is nothing in the filter that looks like that and nothing should be able to get by the filter.

I would open the filter and check for damage and any similar foreign objects.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks. We cleaned the filter a few days ago. Nothing amiss seen.
Depending on the model of the DE filter, there is a relief tube that mounts on top of the manifold. Some have it as just a small opening with a screen over it and others have a physical tube that connects to the manifold and goes up about 3 inches.
I am just wondering if that got knocked off. Also that would explain some of the bugs. However, you would also see DE in the pool. It is worth pulling the top of that filter off and looking.

Reactions: markayash
Depending on the model of the DE filter, there is a relief tube that mounts on top of the manifold. Some have it as just a small opening with a screen over it and others have a physical tube that connects to the manifold and goes up about 3 inches.
I am just wondering if that got knocked off. Also that would explain some of the bugs. However, you would also see DE in the pool. It is worth pulling the top of that filter off and looking.
That’s probably it because we have seen DE in the pool! Thank you!!

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.