There's a dead animal in my pool

We get lizards. Found a poor alligator lizard in my skimmer a few weeks, wasn't sure how long he'd been there but he looked "fresh". Picked him up by his tail and a bunch of gray nastiness poured out his mouth into the skimmer. Yep, time for a few bottles of chlorine! :pukel:

I found a stiff frog spinning in my skimmer a few weeks ago. It caught me off guard because that means I had a frog in the house. I had the screen door open in the pool room while i cleaned the patio. I guess he slipped by me to take a swim.

It gives me pause each time I lift the skimmer lid now. Why aren't they clear? I have some single-thick plexiglass in the garage that will become a temporary lid. I'm considering getting a thicker piece to support being stepped on.

Haha I love this thread! I'm going to have to start documenting my skimmer finds now. Seriously though I feel like my pool is playing Pokemon, gotta catch em all!! It's at least every other day I have frogs or little rodents, but the snapping turtle I found in the muck on the bottom is still my favorite find! Bleach to the rescue!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One night I let the dogs into the backyard for a bathroom break and they got really interested in something in the pool. I shined a flashlight on it and saw a tiny baby possum swimming around! I fished him out and put him on the fence, hopefully to be reunited with his mom. Never saw him again, but was struck by how lucky he was to have been spotted before drowning.

Owl probably got him.

A friend of my wife looked out the kitchen window one day to see her horse in her pool. Does that count?

Granted, somebody left the paddock gate open, and the horse decided to go wading, so it was just just standing in about 4' of water, but still - horse in the pool.

-dave

0cdd63dfb3f7963afe633cd254bad6a4.jpg

Just came home to this... Definitely a first for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

So far this season, I'm at:
15 frogs (9 live, 6 dead - I've started checking each night before bed with a flashlight)
1 kangaroo rat
3 lizards
1 scorpion
1 bird of some sort - it had been in the filter basket for a little while

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.