Texas Completion Laws

Not that I'm aware of. I know ours gauged 8 weeks from dig date, but could change due to weather, permitting and other issues that could arise during construction. It was in summer and the days were long with not many days lost to weather. Plus our city is really good about inspecting at each phase quickly and they got done right at the 6-week mark.

That said, if construction is supposed to start on or around X date, and maybe a month or more goes by with nothing, I bet you would be within your right to terminate the contract. Might ask someone familiar with construction litigation to get the specifics.

As a party to the contract, you should negotiate anything that's important to you.

The more specific the contract is, the less likely there is to be misunderstanding.

You can specify expected start and completion dates for the project and for milestones.

You can also specify liquidated damages for any missed milestones.

I don't know that any states require specific start and end dates. Do you have any references to support that?

In any case, you should only work with contractors that you trust to do good work at a reasonable pace. Contracts can only do so much.

If you are concerned about the contract terms, a lawyer might be advisable to make sure that you are getting a good contract.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.