Test kits in Canada...and a water question about balancing..

Re: Test kits in Canada...and a water question about balanci

LOL. ex-pat here.
Just so you know, SuperCanadian, when you need refills, there's a post office box outfit in Port Huron to which I am told you can ship and pick up for a ten dollar fee. My family has started doing that rather than awaiting my infrequent trips back home. They used to load me up with everything from shoes to classic car parts, which always made for interesting conversations at the border :)

If you need the details, let me know and I'll ask my sister!

BTW, GREATCanadian, how's the weather in St. John's this summer? I'm headed that way in August for a romp :)

The weather here is up and down. 90 degrees Monday, 60 Tuesday!! But beautifully sunny. If it stays this way you'll have nice weather. Temps are usually nice from now to end of August.

Are you familiar with George Street??

Look what arrived on Sunday at my door, my father in-law dropped it off TF-100 test kit! I am impressed by the quality and thoroughness of the instructions and information kit. Packaging is spot on!

I only tested three things I was most curious about, will do a full test tomorrow or Wednesday (exhausted from a hard Monday)

FC- 9 (had just dumped some in 30 minutes earlier)
CC- 0
CYA- 50

Not bad for using test strips and eyeballing things. Water is crystal clear and now that I have a great test kit I am sure to maintain that!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

MirellaJoe said:
I guess i just dont find any reason to really spend that when it's not really a "permanent pool" .....but if i do i will look into that thanks again

... but it is real water with real algae that becomes a real problem if you can't maintain it correctly.

techguy said:
MirellaJoe said:
I guess i just dont find any reason to really spend that when it's not really a "permanent pool" .....but if i do i will look into that thanks again

... but it is real water with real algae that becomes a real problem if you can't maintain it correctly.

you are right but so far so good no need to worry for now until it happens

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.