Stenner pump on suction side?

swreeder70

Mar 15, 2016
Wimberley, TX
Greetings, Converted my pool to SWG a few weeks ago and have been working on an auto acid system to keep PH in check. I had a suction side saddle in place from removal of a Liquidator chlorine system and used that port to build a passive acid system. I used a acid proof adjustable valve and a 7 gallon storage tank. So far the system is working, but I lack the ability to change my dossage via any of my pool automation. I’m considering adding a Stenner pump to the system so I have the ability to automate my dosage amount.

The questions is, will a stenner pump work on the suction side or will the pump still pull acid through it when it is off? My other option would be to add a normally closed solenoid valve that I could turn on/off as needed via automation.

Attachments

• 32C68B5E-4526-4D43-B38E-0AE4BCF4093E.jpeg
    32C68B5E-4526-4D43-B38E-0AE4BCF4093E.jpeg
    496.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 45EE0B14-BB2A-4673-B14C-F12F1AB964D9.jpeg
    45EE0B14-BB2A-4673-B14C-F12F1AB964D9.jpeg
    335.2 KB · Views: 9
  • B2043D76-49D1-43BA-9D3D-D1F9B2626D6E.jpeg
    B2043D76-49D1-43BA-9D3D-D1F9B2626D6E.jpeg
    383 KB · Views: 10
The concentrated acid will eat at any and all equipment as it travels through the system on the way back to the pool.
Keep in mind that the acid needs the water volume in the pool to be able to be diluted back to levels that are safe for your equipment.
The best placement is after ALL other equipment and make sure that it is not on at the same time as your SWG. Concentrated acid and chlorine don't play nice with each other.

The concentrated acid will eat at any and all equipment as it travels through the system on the way back to the pool.
Keep in mind that the acid needs the water volume in the pool to be able to be diluted back to levels that are safe for your equipment.
The best placement is after ALL other equipment and make sure that it is not on at the same time as your SWG. Concentrated acid and chlorine don't play nice with each other.
I don’t think that is the case, it is diluted down to 8% and its being injected in at the rate of an ounce an hour, it is no more acidic than the chlorine I was feeding into it for the past 9 years. There are many people that have systems like this and I got the idea from this thread. Homemade Acid OR Chlorine Injection System

That is a yes, and why is it a No?
Because it's simply not on the recommended list. While all is working properly I guess no worries but say it malfunctions and it feeds a good amount if it were on the output side after all the equipment the worse case scenario is you end up with low PH but with your setup you can take heaters health down too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.