Solar repair??

Jun 22, 2013
Anyone try to repair one of these?
6379301e8b6e420888d0c9f8964453b1.jpg

I never have but I did built a solar that is connected to my pump and installed on the roof. I put a diverted valve first to prime it but now I have a check valve on the return side. I'm on vacation now but I can definitely help get you started rather than buying another one of those if you can't get it working it cost me about 110 or so give or take

These seem to be a couple hundred, so I figured replace the 1" tubing... It is so brittle, I am not sure I can stretch it out to get a good measurement. I was just looking on Amazon for tubing, but most of it is split conduit tubing...smh... It is 1" ID corrugated black tubing.

I'm not sure if the corrugation is serving a purpose. But you could probably use that poly irrigation pipe, it is pretty cheap. I always get mine a Lowe's or HD. Might need a heat gun or something to get it to make those tight wraps around the top.

Thanks... We don't have much room, and she had this from years ago. It didn't work with the old intex pump... It couldn't handle it.

We have had so much trouble getting temp in the pool this year I gave it a try with the new pump. It blew it away :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Looks like a nice build.

The solar mat type collectors have really come down in price in the last year. Currently you can't buy the materials to build one of those for less than the mat costs.

I put in 200sqft at the start of this season. The collectors cost me $300 another $200 for pvc parts to plumb it all and the better part of a day to install.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.