Scale - what type of Barkeepers friend?

polackoaggie

Bronze Supporter
May 28, 2022
San Antonio
Hi, following was suggested on it first intro post, but haven’t been able to find much more info about it.

Mainly, what type of barkeoeers friend product to start with? I didn’t know there were so many types until I were looking.

Above was Found from following link:

Try Barkeepers Friend - Waterline Scale Removal - Further Reading

Don't you love brand extensions?

The OP who posted that was last here in October 2021 so I don't think we can ask him.

He did say that he mixed it with water to make a paste which says it was a powder product. Looking at ....

I would guess it was the Cleanser...

Ingredients are - Glass Oxide Abrasive, Oxalic Acid, Surfactant

Although the Coffee Maker Descaler has Citric Acid, Glycolic Acid, Sulfamic Acid. The sulfamic acid will mess up your FC.

and the Toilet Bowl Cleaner has Hydrochloric Acid, Ethoxylated Tallow Amine, Propylene, Glycol, Fragrance, Dye. I don;t want all that stuff in the pool.

So I would go with the powdered cleanser.

Hi, following was suggested on it first intro post, but haven’t been able to find much more info about it.

Mainly, what type of barkeoeers friend product to start with? I didn’t know there were so many types until I were looking.

Above was Found from following link:

Try Barkeepers Friend - Waterline Scale Removal - Further Reading
Did you try this? If so, how did it work?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.