Rounding the Corner... Install Completed 7/27/13

My creepy neighbor gets a great view into my pool! Ewwwwww....

View straight back, you can see we have to dig into the yard a little more... I can't dig it or I would. I hurt my shoulder in April and can hardly dress myself let alone use a shovel right now. :shock: Oh and an elderly couple lives in the red house.

Moving towards my neighbor's yard and the property line.

Hubby and I are in a heated debate... I don't know who's going to win it until I see were he's bringing the post out too. I want the deck to come out to the edge of the garage with steps and he wants it to stop at the garage window. I think I should win! :mrgreen:

Looking down on pool. When it's all said and done, no one should see it.

A shot of that beautiful view!!!

And the evergreens will be on the right arching around the pool with a flower bed and small shrubs then pool deck. I think it will turn out nice!

Yes! You definitely need a shield from creepy neighbor. The trees will be pretty and work like a fence.

I agree with you on the deck going to the end. It will look great either way, but if you can, may as well do it now.

Hope your shoulder feels better!

MermaidMama

18' Round x 52" Doughboy AGP
Powerline XP Pump 1 HP
Aquaview 17" Sand Filter
TF-100 Test Kit

JUST WAITING ON INSTALL!

I keep telling Jim... It's not that much more deck space! He says he wants to add it next year and that's got me pretty po'ed! I told him, I do not want two-toned wood! Just do it the first time!!! We'll see if I get my way or not!!! lol I told him, I think I deserve it after all the stuff he put me through!

Thanks... I'm going for an MRI on Monday. I just want new body parts! :lol:

Ha!!! I bet you are very capable of getting it your way. Time to get creative.

MermaidMama

Powerline XP Pump 1 HP
Aquaview 17" Sand Filter
TF-100 Test Kit

JUST WAITING ON INSTALL!

Well Jim insist on a back rail so there goes that. I want a deck but I'm over it. I don't know if it's my pain, the medication I'm on and the fact that I have lost all my strength but I find I'm pretty angry right now over this ongoing project and the fact that I can do nothing at all! I give up and give in... I'm done with it all. I don't even have the strength to pull the covers over me anymore! It's so hard for me to give in!

Try not to look at it as giving in. Look at it as taking a break. After the year you've had, it might be just what you need. Hang in there!!

MermaidMama

Powerline XP Pump 1 HP
Aquaview 17" Sand Filter
TF-100 Test Kit

JUST WAITING ON INSTALL!

I definitely need a break MermaidMama. I feel the stress creeping in on me and I'm very tired from everything and being in constant pain.

Pain is the worst... It can wear you down like water wears down stone.... :-( It makes you tired and cranky and nothing seems to happen naturally in your body anymore... Everything is an extra effort whether it be compensating for the injury with another limb, or just doing everyday things.... I really hope you feel better soon Casey... Hopefully your water will get warm soon, and you can have some decent water therapy..... :)

It won't be warm for awhile now Lacey. We bottomed out in the 30's here tonight. I won't swim til next week sometime... Can't wait to go home and crawl in bed! Finishing up my 12 hr shift... got 2 1/2 hrs left!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I wouldn't give up on getting the deck you want. Just do what you can this summer and then add on. That is what we have done. This is year 4 and we have another section about 10x 10 to finally finish it up. I know it's better to do it all at once, but sometimes you can't. For privacy from your neighbor, is there any way to put up one of those shade sails? Angle it so it blocks his view until your trees mature.
Good luck with the MRI. Your symptoms sound alot like what I had. Turned out to be a torn rotator cuff. Hope it turns out to be something with a simple fix. Main thing is to relieve your pain.

WOW! What a thread! You are my HERO!

Pool site getting ready?? Yes you did that!

Husband hurt BAD and you taking such good care of him??? Yes you did that!!

Working full time all the while??? YES! (What kind of work do you do? with those crazy shifts?)

Deck planning/building? It will get done. Can you draw him a picture of what you want? That always works for my husband. If I can tell him and show him WHY I want what I want he sees the light and gets it done.

HUGS!

Kim

The deck is going over to the garage window. It was a compromise.

I was doing security for Consol at the River Division when he was in his accident. I lost that job at the end of Feb this year due to them selling it off. I now work at a Mine that Consol sold off with a different security firm working 3 12 hr shifts of midnight. I love my job and the night shifts. He works nightshift to at the prison. My job is so flexible that I've worked it out to have the same off days as he does and my last 2 off days are spent by myself which I really enjoy! :mrgreen:

SWEET! The best of both worlds-time WITH him and time with OUT him LOL

Give him a hug for me. I have been with my hubby for many years (shhh I met him when I was 17 and I am now 51). In those few years he has been in a wheelchair 3 times due to offroad motorcycle accidents. The docs used words like "pulverized" "smashed" "crushed", etc. to describe what he did to his leg, ankle, shoulder. I also rode with him on my own bike so I was right behind him and came up on the accidents. Nothing like seeing that for sure! We have given up the bikes now due to his ankle being fused with the last surgery. Kind of hard to shift if your ankle does not move!

I tell you this to let you know that I UNDERSTAND a lot of what you have gone through. There is nothing like going through "real life" while your loved one is also depending on you for so much.

Now go jump in the pool and have a cold one!

Kim

The pool is cold! Haha.... it went down to 30 something last night and it's down in the mid 60's now!

His doctors do not know how he survived. I don't either. No helmet... riding pavement going from 50mph to nothing in a tank top and jeans through gravel and rocks bouncing his head off the road like a basket ball. :shock: It takes a lot to gross me out and seeing him like that almost had me on the floor. He's very lucky to be here and I'm lucky to still have him.

He's been asking for another bike and I told him NO! I can't bear to see him that way again!

I bought some shade for the pool since we're under sun 12 hours a day! :mrgreen: Jimmy liked the grass umbrellas so I went and bought 2 of them today... Gosh, I think I need a bar on the other side of the pool!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.