Rounding the Corner... Install Completed 7/27/13

Oh boy! A deck will be wonderful!! We have big dreams for our pool, too...hardest part for me (besides leveling the pool area :rolleyes:) is being patient...I want it all done and now..by golly! LOL! :D

Sorry your shoulder is giving you trouble...hope all goes well with your appointment!

I would love to have it done now but gotta wait for hubby... I want to help but I can't right now without paying the pain monger! Just not worth it so I've been being really lazy and resting it as much as I can. It kills me to keep the house up to snuff. I haven't swept or brushed my pool in a couple weeks and you can tell. No one comes to help when you need it. I've asked, a couple people said they'd help but no one comes through. I was going to get in it yesterday and sweep it and swim around and it started BOOMING and I was like NO WAY! Not holding a metal pole in water! :shock: I guess I'll do it later. I'd love to get a pool rover but $400... I'm still thinking about it! I may buy it after my dr appt. I might not have a choice! Hubby won't do it!

Well, I think we have all the wood we need to get this done.

We had the Toy squatting. lol I couldn't believe how much weight Jimmy had in it.

Stacked in the garage...

I hate lattice (sp?) but I hate staining lattice more!!!

And my baby floating after unloading all that wood by himself.

We are in no hurry to get this done. We're just going to take our time and enjoy the process as much as we can... except for that lattice staining. That's my job and it kills my shoulder! It's going to be put up long ways along the back of the deck. There will be 6 panels in all standing up. Jim decided he wanted the smaller holes so that's what we got. It is so hard to stain it. He also wanted a mahogany stain on it. We are going to be staining the deck a very dark brown, almost black stain.

Well, we haven't done much, if anything on the pool deck as we only have the weekend and Jimmy said he will work around the rain. He was suppose to rent an auger and have my brother over last Monday and he said it looked like rain but it never rained. Guess what it's suppose to do this weekend (our weekend/days off)? RAIN! So I don't think we will be getting anything done! I don't really care! :mrgreen:

We enjoyed the pool all day yesterday! We had our future DIL over and we spent the afternoon sunbathing in the pool! I got burnt! :shock: I knew I was going to... I should have been a red head! :lol: She and Jimmy on the other hand just soak up those rays. She did get a lil burnt but their skin fairs much better than mine.

I will be hanging under my umbrella more often than not this summer! That sun just pummels my pool!

Ms Nae soaking up the rays!

Leg shot with Jimmy in the background floating on his raft! They both think it's so funny that I just don't tan! :lol:

Me floating on my new raft...

Getting ready for work and realizing how burnt I am!

I had a great time with my baby Nae! Talking about future grandbabies and life! :) I told her, when you tell me you're pregnant, I will cry like a baby! She said I have to wait at least 5 more years! It's gonna be the longest 5 years of my life!!! But, we had a blast! I'm so glad she enjoyed herself and this is why I bought the pool! So we could enjoy it with family! She can't wait to get the deck on. She loves the umbrellas!

Ouch! That is me. It takes quite a few short days of sun to build up to the point I do not burn. Sun screen is your friend. After a long while you might not burn.

You have done a great job on the pool. It looks GREAT!

Kim

Wow Casey. Just Wow!
I have spent the past 45 minutes reading your thread. I am moved to tears! OMG! What y'all have been through! God is so GREAT!
Fingers crossed that you get some good news today on your shoulder. I think I got very lucky with mine compared to yours. Thinking of you today, darlin'! Let us know what the ortho says.

Thank you! It's been a journey Daisy! I can't believe it's been almost a year. I'm a bit emotional over it, maybe because we're heading up onto the first year anniversary. I know it's really hard to look back at what I posted.

I'm at the ortho now. Jimmy said if it ain't him, it's me. This is the 3rd summer that someone has had something go on. The first was his neck, the second the bike n him n now, my shoulder.

I have a really angry and mad tendon in my shoulder. The cuff is actually very healthy and nothing is broke. Just a very bad case of tendonitis and excess fluid build up. Got a cortisone shot that actually feels pretty good right now and I have to line up 6-8 weeks of PT.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you know how to make GREAT ice bags? One cup of alcohol and 2 cups of water in a large ziplock bag. Make sure they are GOOD bags with GOOD zippers. I even go so far as putting it inside another bag just in case it leaks. We make 3 ice bags to rotate.

PT-ask for stuff to do at home. Talk to them about what results THEY think you can have in what amount of time............They have different levels of expectations depending on the person and how willing they are to listen and do. Please remember that PT is just a person. IF the one you see is not a good fit ask for a different one.

GOOD LUCK!

Kim (who has had a husband in a wheelchair 3 times in our marriage due to his boo-boos)

My expectations are to pull a 45lb compound bow by the first week in October. It's my goal! I have some pain right now but looking forward to working it out. It's going to hurt... no pain, no gain.

Thank you Mac. Let Daisy know I'll live to see another day! :mrgreen:

I've heard of those ice packs Kim. I do have a couple that were given to my husband throughout his stays in the hospital that I've kept because they haven't leaked. lol

My kinda gal! Are you sure y'all live in PA?

That's awesome news! Ice. Ice. Baby! ;)

I live in the woods come October Daisy! Hubby hates it but you n I both know the deer don't jump in the freezer! I am in the process of buying a new Carbon Rose n I will be 20ft in a tree this Fall!

We interrupt this marriage to bring you.... HUNTING SEASON!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. The cortisone has kicked in and I love that I can lift my arm over my head today for the first time since mid April! I even planted 3/4 of my garden today while taking breaks! 20 pepper plants, 20 bean seeds, n 3 tomato plants so far. I'll be finishing it tomorrow. I need to get iced down here in a minute.

I know Lacey. I had the ground tilled a couple weeks ago by hubby. I was going to have him do it again but he himmed n hawed so I started without him. I don't take rejection well! :mrgreen: I'm of the mindset that I don't need you if you don't want to help and that usually gets me hurtin pretty good! The only thing I did was pull up a few weeds and drop the plants into a small hole. It was more hot than labor intensive. My arm does feel a lot better though! I start PT on Monday. :goodjob:

Shoulder not doing to well right now but I did buy more shade today on my way home from work! Got another grass umbrella for on the other side of the steps. I'll upload pics later. My chest is thoroughly blistered and peeling from floating with my girl. I'll be putting on SPF 5000 from here on out! Lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.