Rounding the Corner... Install Completed 7/27/13

Casey,
I don't even know where to begin. I started reading this post 45 minutes ago to avoid cleaning house. I got bored with the pool details and skipped to the end. Then, I was like wait, what happened to Jim? I went back and read every page.

I am rooting for a full recovery for Jim and that you both really get the enjoyment from the pool and life that you so deserve. You are an amazing woman and I hope that soon you will enter a long run of happiness and joy.

Thank you so much for sharing your joy, experiences, highs, and lows with strangers. Please never suggest that this thread be retired! This thread should be a must read for all members. God Bless you and Jim. Thanks so much for selflessly sharing ALL parts of your story.

So did you get the house cleaned? :mrgreen:

I just wanted to share that Jimmy got a clean bill of health today and was released from the care of the best neuro unit in SW PA! We are so happy and can finally put this behind us and move forward with our life together!

I don't know how I got through it but I do know that I didn't do it alone because I had you guys and many others with me praying for him. I will give the Lord ALL credit because it was only He that I put my solid Faith in that made his survival even possible. I prayed everyday, all day.

Jimmy is doing well! He's happy, still a bit tired but he's functioning at almost his pre-accident self. It is nothing short of a miracle that he escaped this accident alive. A lot of uncertain times but he made it and we'll make it! I'm truly blessed not only with him but for having you guys here as a support, not only to build a pool but to share in life's greatest and worst moments while building said pool. lol

You guys rock. It's why I keep coming back, year after year! Well, what can I say... I love you guys! :mrgreen:

Next year, we'll hopefully start the deck! :party:

This is one of the most awesome threads I have ever read..it's 1am and I'm still up..couldn't go to bed without finishing it. I hope you and Jim both had an awesome Xmas..and that 2014 sends lots of blessings your way.

Thank you TS. Jimmy and I had a very nice Christmas and we're looking forward to a very quiet and peaceful New Year! We're also looking forward to enjoying the pool a lot this year. I already told him I will be a pool fixture. :mrgreen: I don't know how we ever got through it but I'm so glad we got through it! It's all a blur to me now and I'm so glad it's over. He goes for his last CT scan/apt on 2/17/14 and we'll hopefully never have to see the neuro again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For those following... Jimmy was released from the neurological unit with a clean bill of health. His brain has healed. He's still has some issues with the head trauma like memory loss and what not but maybe time will heal that.

We're doing well and can't wait to open the pool! We even planted grass that's now covered eiyb several inches of snow!

Life is good! Thank you for asking Heather! :mrgreen: He has had no major issues and is very exited to open the pool... I have to admit that I am too! He has asked me a million times, When can we open the pool?! lol So yesterday, I siphoned the water off the cover and asked him today if he wanted to take the cover off the pool. Here is what we found under that cover...

To say he's excited is really an understatement. He was in the garage looking at his raft and saying how much he can't wait to float on it! :mrgreen: For someone who didn't want a pool, he's really up my behind about it! lol I love hearing him talk about it though. It's our new vacation spot since the bike is gone.

We planted grass last fall too and it came up nice. I'm also building a platform for the pump.

P.S. He's also going back to the gym so if you ladies wanna see some muscle this summer... stay tuned!!! Seriously, I'll be snapping pics of that man all summer long! lol

Thank you laceygirl! We can not wait to get the summer started! It's been a long cold winter here!!!

Wow! That is crazy linda! Mine has been liquid since the end of March. It's suppose to dip into the 40's this week coming up. The weekend is going to be GORGEOUS though! May hit 80 on Sunday I heard!

Casey! Wow! I checked out your build after you commented on mine and I could not stop reading until the end. Your faith and hard work is really inspiring. Even with such a heartbreaking turn of events you managed to keep it together. Congrats on the pool and Jim's clean bill of health. You two will enjoy that beautiful pool this season and hopefully many seasons to come! Cheers to you both. :-D

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

We are both anxious to get it up and running and have the warmth of sun upon us! Thanks for stopping in to read alright!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.