Replaced sand and pump, what next?

acracken

Jun 7, 2023
Kannapolis, NC
Had to replace our sand and pump. I was told to floc the pool so I did that last night but it doesn't appear to have done anything. I was reading floc can gunk up your filter which is why you vacuum on waste. I'm concerned if I turn it to filter I'll gunk up my brand new sand. Picture of pool currently. Alkalinity is perfect, PH is a tiny bit low. What are my next steps here. I don't want to mess it up since I just replaced sand and pump but I need to know where to go from here to get it clear.

Attachments

• 20230607_135501.jpg
    20230607_135501.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 5
'Welcome to TFP!!! :swim:

When you added the FLOC, was the pump on filter or recirculate? <---important to know this.

floc can gunk up your filter which is why you vacuum on waste.
Yes, do not filter until you vacuum all the flocc to waste. A bit of reading:

As to the condition of your pool, this is the process we use to clear a pool, it is called SLAM. Link-->SLAM Process

In order to do the SLAM process, you need a test kit. Link-->Test Kits Compared

Why trust some randos on TFP? This is why...Link-->How Clear is TFP Clear?

Get that FLOC vacuumed to waste, your test kit on order! Add 5ppm of liquid chlorine PER DAY until you test kit gets here, no other chemicals or potions.

When you get your kit, post result of your tests, and on we SLAM!!!

Season 1 Showtime GIF by The Chi

Please please please do not put floc through your filter. Yes it will destroy a sand filter. Ask me how I know.

Follow all of the advice given to you above and you will be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.