Tallahassee, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30
Howdy folks! My CaliMar 1.5 HP VS pump is just over a year old and it sounds like the bearings have given up on it. I have it on my table, I'm at a loss as to how to remove the fan from the rear of the motor so I can take the impeller off. I was hoping to get at the bearings with my calipers and hopefully order some that would work. If anyone knows the magic trick to getting this impeller off without breaking the rear fan and/or knows the right bearings I need to order I would greatly appreciate it.

It looks like those pumps are a Chinese clone of the Pentair Superflo VS pump model before the RS-485 support was added. My guess is the Chinese company who manufactured it for Pentair rebranded it once Pentair dropped the model.

If you look at the Pentair parts diagram on page 18 in https://www.pentair.com/content/dam...rflovs-variable-speed-pump-manual-english.pdf you will see Pentair only sold the motor as a replacement and not any motor parts.

Let us know if you figure out how to disassemble it and can find parts.

• Love
Reactions: Chihuaha Verde
Ningbo C.F Electronic Tech Co., Ltd

Calimar - CMARVSP2.0 : CMARVSP2.0

Specifications

ENERGY STAR Unique ID: 2382677

ENERGY STAR Partner: Ningbo C.F Electronic Tech Co., Ltd

Brand Name: Calimar

Model Name: CMARVSP2.0

Model Number: CMARVSP2.0

Product Type: In-Ground (Self-Priming) Pool Filter Pump

Motor Design: Variable-speed

Hydraulic Horsepower (HHP): 1.18

Rated Horsepower (HP): 2.0

Weighted Energy Factor (WEF) (kgal/kWh): 8.4

Product Type: Self-Priming (Inground)

Connected Capable: No

Freeze Protection: No

Markets: United States, Canada

ENERGY STAR Certified: Yes

1691890052847.png

It looks like those pumps are a Chinese clone of the Pentair Superflo VS pump model before the RS-485 support was added. My guess is the Chinese company who manufactured it for Pentair rebranded it once Pentair dropped the model.

If you look at the Pentair parts diagram on page 18 in https://www.pentair.com/content/dam...rflovs-variable-speed-pump-manual-english.pdf you will see Pentair only sold the motor as a replacement and not any motor parts.

Let us know if you figure out how to disassemble it and can find parts.

Much appreciated, after digging a bit it looks like it might be the same as the Black and Decker or Blue Torrent pumps and those don't appear to break down any further either. If I have to replace the whole thing anyway I guess I'll try brute force and ignorance to get past the fan and impeller and post what I find.

Much appreciated, after digging a bit it looks like it might be the same as the Black and Decker or Blue Torrent pumps and those don't appear to break down any further either.

I am sure they are all the same pumps from the same manufacture imported to the US and sold under different brands and warranties.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Contact Information

Efbe, Inc.

1426 E Spruce St. Ontario, CA 91761

Phone: (951) 602-5337

Efbe, Inc. is the only company located at 1426 E Spruce St, Ontario, CA 91761

Texas (Corporate office)

4985 Eisenhauer Road. Suite 104. San Antonio, TX 78218

Tennessee

1432 W Main Street. Suite 400. Lebanon, TN 37087

Baja California, MX

Blvd. Benito Juárez 984. Loc. 19,20 y 21. Col. Obrera. Rosarito BC. C.P. 22703

Phone: (951) 200-5530

Fax: (951) 934-0480

Business Description

Efbe, which also operates under the name Pool Supply Unlimited, is located in Ontario, California.

This organization primarily operates in the Swimming Pool Chemicals, Equipment, and Supplies business / industry within the Miscellaneous Retail sector.

This organization has been operating for approximately 13 years.

Efbe is estimated to generate $6.0 million in annual revenues, and employs approximately 24 people at this headquarters location and 30 total employees across all locations.

This organization is engaged in importing activities at this facility.

Title: ELECTRIC SWIMMING POOL PUMPS, FILTERS & CHLORINATORS

Company: EFBE, INC. - California, Ontario USA

Product Information: Trade Name(s): CaliMar.

Swimming pool pump, Model Nos. CMARVSP1.0, CMARVSP1.5, CMARVSP2.0, CMARVSP3.0, CMAR15VS1.5.

Evaluated to the following: (UL-1081) AND ARE IDENTIFIED WITH THE ETL RECOGNIZED COMPONENT MARK.

1691939362028.png

Reactions: Chihuaha Verde
Ningbo C.F Electronic Tech Co., Ltd. (aka CF Electronics - Tech Life) makes many of the products that are made in China.

The products are made and branded under various brand names like Pureline, Circupool, Black and Decker, Calimar etc. and shipped through various distributors like Asia Connection

Ningbo C.F Electronic Tech Co., Ltd. --> Asia Connection --> Efbe, Inc. --> Pool Supply Unlimited.

Products made in China sometimes copy US products and they try to obscure the manufacturer to try to avoid legal liability by creating a complex web of interconnected companies.

If anyone Like Hayward tries to sue them for Copyright or Patent Infringement, good luck figuring out how to effectively do it.

If you have any sort of product liability claim, you are also going to face a complex web of different companies all disclaiming liability.

They did not make the product; they just bought it from a supplier.

If you try to sue Ningbo C.F Electronic Tech Co., Ltd., they are in China and they will just ignore you.

1662737587481-png.452289

Last edited:
got it open, looks like they're 17mm x 40mm x 12 mm, going to need a puller. The rear one seems fine but i'll replace both and let y'all know how it turns out, pics to follow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.