Recommendations for a new pool cover

Which brand do you have ?

How old is it ?

Big repair, little repair ?

Got pics ?

You can ship a looploc cover back to them and they'll repair it (for a fee) if it's still structurally sound. I imagine any of the big brands do similar. Freight shipping costs an arm and a leg though. Then again a new cover costs both arms and both legs. So.

thx. loop loc cover, I believe. It is about 12-13 years old. A couple of tears but nothing super big. Then a few holes - look like from cigarette burns (I don’t smoke lol). I can’t take pictures until Friday - leave early come home late when it is dark.

My pool guy tells me I need to replace the cover. The cost is $4500, give or take.

are there other companies/pool people I should get quotes from? Who would you recommend please? Perhaps some folks specialize in pool covers and hence are competitive on price?
The price is insane for something quite simple/ but it is what it is I guess. Given this price, I’d like to shop around.
Thanks!

Reactions: Newdude
It's probably time at 12/13 years old.

Merlin and GLI are 2 other biggies.

If you have a standard shape pool and are a little bit handy you can get a safety cover you can install yourself.

I just purchased and installed a Yardguard safety cover (I purchased from www.ushardwaresupply.com ). The I believe the Yardguard dealers can also make a custom cover to match your existing one and use the same anchors (I'm guessing it would a but more). For a 20x40 mine was ~$1600 with all the needed hardware for installing in pavers over concrete slab. Pretty easy to install with a rotary hammer and the right bits. Only other cost was $45 on a drill bit and my time (about 5-6 hours but I was taking my time, Knowing what I know now, I could do it 2 -3 hours). I spend extra time core drilling the paver and then using a common rotary hammer bit to go though the slab.

Seems like a quality cover, for less than half the cost of a loop loc or merlin i'm still ahead if i need to replace it twice as often. It's made in the USA too. Warrantee is 10 or 12 years I think. I would have liked to get a LOOP-LOC (they are 10 minutes away), but for significantly less it did not make sense.

ADCreHeKtZV_GOoyQFayNuv7hf_AVcUrIVtaDRguIWIRShrh07yKosVjtDInnu7jn5VWg3YOGeliSMv6AY2E2Pge0OgiyTjDwgnjQpOoe9b4gihXnhWjWzQtEDu61lSa3b_KYY10yTZ18V2b66aD3NpKgNmuPnu0t4UAiXSoMQUP3Uqj-4mLOq7w37vuAf0KhxWiZCahSN5eqchQTHOpe9i_lwL4WIk9oE-vR7rjAAB1Az-cqUHiEcwQww3Zo78_nzAPHN9A7Z0jlzvH_jpwxP_772otISuE9id-WlFYUVvCNzjzTAV6hbwI2aEJd-zMYBe-OoDrXnnWNXwJHifuJ4Gqunugoq7NKmCbsc54XJjOIyKZDuOjhEYTSFv5xhceu7qUoxkhS2CDwFY3miZ_lz90Zg0hpfa7PPVGfoWBhn1FWhTGWDJVeH_nRc06wgXhXSiUtXBClfvGRlgVM9xzxDfpAD-4qxoLzUKGenNl9O15sFdI4eSnltd-TnGLHIti7rJMrIrztdV8MTyf5wFgj-GY3-C6fpS7_k2WmFgFPTanOLW-MOdj1kpvEv0izwEcyQ83IHORFPRvKcurTpipNCbnOGFenfKzhHpFCPrIQmUM0_ZSVVaGfLgYLlHVqiH7pmSP3FkF1d-OBad5aIWxPFUIbWLKPwZ40pNn0GD-t3CIKLfTr5dx-kujv3Ow2rozC6mdhasPzlmKDdcG3gHZvJgBmE_0RtWak2CdR7MkpqEmFNu6b0jKuXn3qSFzOBSwTZtKhNyVPQWsx8GT19L8cWEcaHiv5w8uYDMNZYOEYKSX0Stzl4WGngx6CrHdnbwAeUjlxD7fPuHUD7pOSgFZpZs7ze_ZfpP_9mI8R7TugB-SvkHqYTTxI7XjjlBP8zq-x7nP-yprSDCkoY3dioRxNu_dTAg=w1588-h893-s-no

Do you still have the Loop Loc tag with the order number attached to the cover? There are a number of companies you can order a Loop Loc cover from if you have that order number.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.