Rate My Chemicals

TA is not quite as critical to as pH. As long as the pH is in the acceptable range and not rising extremely fast, the TA is probably fine. While a TA of 60-80 may seem ideal, even if it's slight above or before that range it should be okay. I would not let it ever drop before 50 though.

Reactions: Animal827
This discussion may help you.

Reactions: Animal827
Thanks for this! It looks like I just need to make sure to get the R-0004 when I reorder since I have Taylor K-2006C-SALT kit.
That's correct. The Taylor K-2006 and other 2000 series kits use R-0004, 5, and 6 for pH testing, while all TF kits use R-0014.

As far as expirations go - the dates printed on Taylor bottles are Best By dates, not expiration dates. Everything sold at TFtestkits is warrantied for 1 year from purchase, so we do not print expiration dates on the bottles themselves. If you need more information, shoot me an email at [email protected].
Nate

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.