Rain and storms

canyoupleasestopusingthevoicefeatureandtypeyouranswersTheyareveryhardtoreadandparseintosentenceswithoutanypunctuation

Can you please stop using the voice feature and type your answers. They are very hard to read and parse into sentences without any punctuation.

Short answer: your test kit is not accurate enough. You need to know your CYA and your FC and CC values to within 0.5 ppm to make accurate changes to your chemicals. We are attempting to drive a car knowing we are going between 20 and 40 MPH in a 25 MPH school zone with a cop on our tail.

Sorry about the text issue. I will work with what we can get. I understand we all have different needs.

As to the test kit. I highly recommend the TF100 http://tftestkits.net/TF-100-Test-Kit-p4.html

As for a temporary fix, keep your chlorine up to kill the algae and continue filtering. I would suggest a level but but we don't know your CYA reading and this is the most important factor. It sounds like it need to be higher than the 4PPM you keeping it now. Liquid chlorine will be best.

OK...a new test kit ordered, I will raise my chlorine level until I receive it. I'm working midnights this week what fun! I will rebrush and vacuum today/ Friday. I will follow the guidelines y'all setup for us on this nice forum/ website. I do appreciate all the help and I'm hoping for some sunshine soon! Thanks again, chuck

I kept my CYA low so I could use a floater for my 8 day vacation. Others use a cover to reduce solar loss. Some make a jug of chlorine for the pet feeder/ newspaper picker-upper to pour into the pool each day. One jug for each day you're gone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.