Builder forgot to connect the overflow drain

@Newdude explained it well. Water will take the path of least resistance which is through the filter and to the pool vs the small diameter hose bib
There are 2 possibilities
Use the submersible pump as it is high volume pump and it will be quicker then going through that hose bib which is competing with the 2 inch pipe.
Have a plumber remove the hose bib by putting a 2” 3 way valve in place of the Tee. Then you can turn the valve to either flow to the filter or to the waste/drain line. This way one path is always open to prevent damage to the pump.

Reactions: Newdude and VST
No plan. Surveyed the neighborhood here. Various builders. No one has an auto drain.

If I pressed the issue, at the least I'd have to sit through them digging up the deck. Who knows if they would mess something else up. Thinking just leave well enough alone.

No plan. Surveyed the neighborhood here. Various builders. No one has an auto drain.

If I pressed the issue, at the least I'd have to sit through them digging up the deck. Who knows if they would mess something else up. Thinking just leave well enough alone.
If you have any kind of downhill slope to the yard, I was able to build an auto siphon that drains the water down to a preset level but it means going outside for minute or two. Probably similar amount as just turning in a spigot in the equipment pad. If you get fancy, you could setup a sprinkler solenoid that opens remotely and shuts off after 30 minutes from an app. I was planning on doing that but in the opposite way to add some fill water when needed, but might be fun to do both.

If you have any kind of downhill slope to the yard, I was able to build an auto siphon that drains the water down to a preset level but it means going outside for minute or two. Probably similar amount as just turning in a spigot in the equipment pad. If you get fancy, you could setup a sprinkler solenoid that opens remotely and shuts off after 30 minutes from an app. I was planning on doing that but in the opposite way to add some fill water when needed, but might be fun to do both.
Interesting. How did you set up the sprinkler solenoid that you can control remotely?

Interesting. How did you set up the sprinkler solenoid that you can control remotely?
I haven’t set it up yet. When I do, I’ll be running an additional water line from my sprinkler system to the equipment pad. Solenoid hooks up between that water line and a TEE in the pressure side of the pool plumbing. My sprinkler system has an app where I can turn on any zone remotely. This way I can set it for 30 minutes and then not worry about forgetting to turn it off and overflowing the pool.

I suspect you could do something similar with your spigot, just in reverse so the water escapes through the drain when the solenoid is switched on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.