Question about Vacuuming Pool

Jun 16, 2015
Voorhees, NJ
I just opened my pool, and there is a lot of debris on the bottom. It looks to be too much for the Polaris alone. I was thinking about vacumming the pool and then cleaning the cartridges. I am not sure of the correct valve settings. Should I close off the pool drain completely? Should I also close off one of the skimmers? I don't want to burn out the pump, and I wasn't sure if I needed to leave the drain partially open. I don't know if it matters, but my equipment is below the pool level. I never have to "prime the pump," because as soon as the drain valves are open, the water starts flowing. I appreciate any suggestions.

I would suggest shutting of the main drain. Put your vac hose in one of the skimmers. See if you get enough vac power. If not, close off the other skimmer in stages until you get enough vac action.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.