Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
New pool completed 3 weeks ago.

I noticed a weird thing going one with my smaller pump used for the sheer descents.

Unlike my main pump which holds water to top even when pump is off, this smaller pump starts to slowly drain down and I see air bubbles coming out from one side of the pipe. It's like 1 bubble every 10 seconds or so and the water drains down past that pipe and to the bottom, maybe 4 inches of water remains in pump when it's all said and done . I believe it's the suction side of pump where the bubbles are coming from.

Pump is higher than the pool but not sure that matters as my larger main pump doesnt drain down and it sits higher than pool as well.
I asked the chemical start up guy 2 days ago at the final pool school orientation and he said as long as it primes up, your good. Me, I am thinking it's some sort of leak as I've had some bad (VERY) bad luck with this pool build/builder.

Any ideas folks? Pic below, I have a video but it seems too large to post. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230913_115659_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230913_115659_Gallery.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 1
This smaller pump is on its own and sucks water from deep end, separate from main drains if that info helps. The suction area is about 3/4 up the deep end wall below skimmer.

When I use the sheer descents again say the next day and turn on the pump, it fills with water and works normally.

Only issue is water draining down once pump is off. Thank you.

JC,

What you are seeing is normal. The sheer is open so air flows right in..

Your main pool pump is a closed system, so it should not drain down,

If it bothers you, you can add a check valve.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: JC707
Well Jim, you gave me the best news thus far today about my pool. Was thinking I have another issue with this new pool and some crazy underground pipe leak. 😳

If you were local I'd buy you a beer or a coffee if that's your thing. Appreciate the help and reply!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.