TC 5
CC 0
CYA 70
PH 7.2
Borates 25
Temp 88
Pump runs 24/7 @ 200 watts.
Water is crystal clear.

All last year I ran my swg at 65%. All was well. Started it off the same way this year, couldn't keep the CL under 18. Started dropping it, now at 15%. CL stable at 5. Haven't added MA in 6 weeks. CircuPool says they have never heard of such. Neither have I. This isn't a complaint...but a question. Just what could be doing it? My thought is that the clock in the swg is fast. Any other ideas?

Exact same CYA level? Exact same environmental conditions? Cloudy cover? Use?

Lots of variables. That is a large setting drop. I do not know what your pool volume is. What is your current FC usage per day?

CYA is stable, it's summer so sun and clouds. 32K pool. No cover, everything is typical for summer. It's not like I haven't been doing this for a while. This is my second swg, second pool. Not much pool load other than sun and heat. People a couple hours a day.

A 15% setting for 24 hours per day in a 32000 gallon pool is 0.8 FC being generated per day.

Possible? I guess.

Yes...but improbable. Other than installing a kwh submeter to see how much it is really running, do you have any ideas of how to track it?

It will take some time of you sitting in the pool, but recording how long over a 3 hour period you see bubbles coming out of return will show how much it is running during that period.

I think the Circupool is on a 3 hour run cycle (check with them) so at 15%, it would run for 27 minutes and then be off (not generating) for 153 minutes.

The weather in the Northeast has been pretty messed up this season. Its was really cold, and wet, but then it got hotter than it should have been and wet.

Matter of fact, nothing else has made much sense this year . I wish that some extra FC was all we had to figure out. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.