AA Treatment - weird results

For 8,800 gallons, it takes 18.3 oz of 3% H2O2 or 2 oz of 27% H2O2 to remove 1 ppm of chlorine.

What was the FC and how much hydrogen peroxide did you use?

Last edited:
I used 32oz of 12% Peroxide for 4.5ppm Chlorine. By your calcs that should have been 20 oz of 12% peroxide vs 32 oz I used. However Peroxide itself is inherently unstable and decomposes to water "eventually"- FDA has the half life of 90% Peroxide at a little over a week in typical sunlight days . I would guess the water agitation of the pump and a few more days and anything left would be gone.

Last edited:
On using maintenance doses of sequestrant, the directions on Pro team Metal magic want PH at or above 7.5 and CL ideally at or below 1ppm- the latter ain't happening,
The 1-3 ppm fc is just for the initial larger dose - not maintenance doses. The reason for this initially is just that fc breaks down the sequestrant & higher fc can cause more staining - initially you need all the help you can get to keep the metals in suspension so the sequesterant can do its job.
But for maintenance doses you’re just topping it off not treating the large amounts like you were initially so the bulk of the work has been done & some residual sequestrant remains in the water.
For monthly maintenance you would only use 6oz. Or may even possibly get away with 4 or 5oz. & maintain sufficient control. Ymmv- if stains start returning you would up the dose a little.
IMG_8613.jpeg
I believe @Swampwoman reported that she had no issues at normal fc levels when maintenance dosing sequestrant.

Great thanks- their instructions on their website doesn't delineate the free CL recommendation between initial and maintenance. Algae test passed last night
FC=5.8ppm
CC=0ppm
Turning on the SWG and hoping my leaning to more Borax for pH control saves me my relatively high Acid adds going forward.

Have a blessed and Merry Christmas!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Great thanks- their instructions on their website doesn't delineate the free CL recommendation between initial and maintenance. Algae test passed last night
FC=5.8ppm
CC=0ppm
Turning on the SWG and hoping my leaning to more Borax for pH control saves me my relatively high Acid adds going forward.

Have a blessed and Merry Christmas!
You may want to contact them to clarify if it concerns you. I am not sure if they have quite the same level of customer service/attentiveness as the Jack’s folks but I believe I have read several threads here where folks have gotten in touch with them.
Oh , & Merry Christmas to you too!! 🎄

Here's the official word from ProTeam
When lifting stains or reversing other pool water issues relating to metal problems, the pH must be raised and the chlorine lowered as directed. Maintenance doses, the pool should be maintained between the “normal” daily ranges a pool should be kept at, which are pH 7.2-7.6 and chlorine levels of 1-4ppm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.