Pump Issue

When my pump is on high, my pressure is usually around 20, and when it gets above 25 or around 28, I backwash. Ive never ran the pump on the slow speed, for I thought it would take forever to turn the water over twice, and of course when the people who installed my pool said to run it on high....Yes my equipment looks very similar to the picture, for my set up came in a bundle package. Im assuming crown pool stores, where I bought my pool, uses waterway products, and it comes with the pool package...Ill get the exact measurements from my pump and motor tonight, then post for you guys...With that being said, the guy I called out to service my pump did say my pump is bad, and said I was luck enough to get 4-5yrs out of my filter...Basically saying its junk,,lol….He said he would help me upgrade to a DE filter if I want, with a 1hp pump, or if I want to stay with the same equip, he would help and install new one....Now im wondering what is a good affordable and durable system for a 16 x24 ABG pool....

Ive never ran the pump on the slow speed, for I thought it would take forever to turn the water over twice, and of course when the people who installed my pool said to run it on high....
Mep, for what it's worth ..... I have a Waterway pump that came with my pool package. It's on low 24/7. The only time I crank it up to high is for vacuuming, sweeping, or chemical additions to help mix. Don't fret about the water turnover comment by the installer. That's old-school talk. :blah:

SLAM needs the water circulating. So low would be fine.

Use high for specific purposes such as vacuuming, etc.

FWIW, when you are running on high speed, the flow rate should be about 50 GPM @ 53' of head which is below the design rating of the filter. Low speed is 1/2 the flow rate (25 GPM) but will save about 75% in energy so a much more efficient way to run. Although high speed will still be available (when you get it working) for things such as vacuuming.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Another option is to just replace the motor (and seal). That may be your best bet if you want to stick with that filter.

Also, with two speed motors, often times it is the centrifugal switch in the back of the motor that can cause issue. The contacts can sometimes get corroded. Only if you want to bother.

Well we went ahead and had someone install a new pump, and while they were at it, I had them change the sand in the filter. I upgraded to the glass media, so hopefully that will help catching the finer stuff that is going right back into the pool. I did notice my pressure gauge is not working. It has great water flow, but reads zero. Im having the people who installed and changed sand, to come back out and fix, for it was working before the sand change.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.