Pre pool opening (white water mold)

I’m more frustrated and confused by the hour.
Take a breath. We're in the homestretch now. :)

I called ahhsome guy he says chlorine 10ppm or less and ta/ph needs to be adjusted prior to adding product.
Clearly at slam levels I’m higher than 10
Ta is always high and ph well during slam
FC is easy enough to let fall, and Ph adjusting is easy after that. TA is a lengthy process so that will be where it be. 2 out of 3 should be good enough in this instance.

This is the most suspicious thing I can see and today is the first I’ve seen it. If I touch it, it basically dissolves and disappears . Also a pic of a filter sock overnight . I think that’s just pollen/cottonwood in the sock?

Attachments

• IMG_5219.jpeg
    IMG_5219.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5218.jpeg
    IMG_5218.jpeg
    508.7 KB · Views: 10
think that’s just pollen/cottonwood in the sock?
Probably the same stuff as last week or whenevs it was from spring sprunging.
let fall to 10 today then proceed with ph and ahhsome today?
Or pass a slam first ?
In this one instance we believe we are failing the slam exit criteria due to the gunk. So we need to pause slam and hopefully then be able to pass it for proof it worked.

Your accumulated “stuff” does look like cottonwood.
About the Ahhsome:
I feel like when I was reading the directions on the cleaner & on the proteam stuff they both said to add chlorine afterwards as the loosened gunk will consume some. I imagine that very elevated fc when adding the cleaner may break it down some as it is a surfactant & a clarifier thus the recommendation to lower fc to 10ppm first. So I would do just as @Newdude suggested & let fc fall a little, adjust ph if needed then administer the Ahhsome as directed. Followed by resuming the slam.

Also I just remembered he said with fc high as it is, not necessary to add the gallon with treatment. But fc would drop drastically.
You think keep it 10 ish for the 2-3 days following ahhsome

I’ve searched this site with every combination of words I can come up with to find threads for ahhsome in swimming pools. I’m only seeing hot tub threads

Just wanted to read others experiences
Tips for search words ?

Just wanted to read others experiences
Tips for search words ?
We don't normally need it.

I saw, with my own eyes, what it did for my hot tub, as have many others. There's no question it works. But my pool plumbing never sat and should be clean. When it does sit for the winter, it's blown empty and has a gallon of antifreeze in the low spot where any condensation or such clollects. Maybe some funk grows there but probably not with the antifreeze.

I would use it, however, if I bought a foreclosure or such that sat full for a long time.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok FINE. Because we fam, I'll let you in on a little secret. I'm currently over one year into an experiment to see how fouled I can make PVC.

I buried a piece of filled scrap, keeping some above ground to let light in there at the start of last season. One of these days I'm going to cut it up and see how well each piece cleans with various methods. Or if it's even fouled up. I've replaced plenty of 30 year old (house) PVC that looked spotless, but I started to wonder how all our systems hold up where we winterize. So I made one I didn't mind digging up. And waited.

20240514_164405.jpg

Reactions: Mdragger88
Apparently uv makes a bigger difference than I thought .
My CYA recently dropped after seemingly holding steady through lots of rain. Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, WHAM. :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure it was slowly dropping but freaking googely eyes MAN !!!! They mock us all.

But yeah. My 1 to 2ppm loss jumped to 4 to 5 in a flash, and it was still 30 or 40. Most by me aren't even open yet and 30 CYA is too low for full sun by me.

This is also mostly all new to you with the autocover. You typically don't have it open for long stretches.

Reactions: Badpoolmom
Mr Murphy us having a field day with you, huh ?

You've wanted it to hold for WEEKS and now that you want it to drop its all 'Nah'. :ROFLMAO:

Jokes on him tho. I use it to control the weather. If I want it to rain, I fill the pool a little too much and we get 3 inches the next day. When I want it to be dry, I let the pool stay very low and that big storm that's 2 days away, remains 2 days away for a month.

#lifehack.

You've wanted it to hold for WEEKS and now that you want it to drop its all 'Nah'. :ROFLMAO:
Oh I’m so ready 🥊
just wanting to eliminate this problem once and for ALL

I remember the gunk that came out last year. It’s satisfying in a weird way to see it haha. But also disgusting
Seems it did take a loooong time for my sand filter to clear it tho and I have company coming this weekend
So hammer down
Using your method “I hope there is no strong sun today” 😉

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support