Pre pool opening (white water mold)

I have not , I’m kinda scared to do that. Used proteam filter cleaner last year after the bout. Only backwashes this year . I think you can see some of my area in the pics , not a lot of places for all that water to go? To follow the sand filter clean described here

With the water stoopid clear and us still on the 'hidden in plain sight' quest, the filter is a great place to start. Plumbing is next.

Lord have mercy
I will say after using a few diff products last year the pool was full and I do mean full of white whatever maybe dead algae or the wwm?
The products were ahhsome and a glb product called vanquish. I’m assuming when you say plumbing you prob aren’t suggesting a chemical, but some sort of manual treatment?
I know y’all are diy ers and I’m trying . I know I’ve read here sand never needs change . Just cleaned . However I’m not on bard for doing that myself. My pb has told me he will change the sand for new sand or the glass media and charge no labor . Should I do either ?

Pic 1
This is a photo after one of the two products I’m not sure which . I can be certain but at the time I thought it must have helped clean out the lines because it wasn’t like that the day before .

Pic 2
Don’t know if skimmer lid is dirt or algae but it’s soaking in Lc now

So lately we’ve had lots of heavy heavy rain. One area of my porch roof runs onto the cover. Cover always looks nasty like pollen helicopters and whatever else . I hose everything toward the pump to clear cover then wipe or scoop anything left before opening .
Could this be messing up my water ?

Attachments

• IMG_5055.png
    IMG_5055.png
    649.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5054.jpeg
    IMG_5054.jpeg
    449.1 KB · Views: 7
I’m assuming when you say plumbing you prob aren’t suggesting a chemical, but some sort of manual treatment?
Kinda both as you add it and the chemicals go to work. Let's call @Ahhsomeguy to get it straight from the source if he's free.

I know I’ve read here sand never needs change . Just cleaned .
You had a one off problem that doesn't fit the mold. (Sorry couldn't resist 😁). While the water is now clear, with repeat FC loss, it's very possible white water mold is still gunked up in the hidden areas.

Deep ceaning the filter isn't an expert level job, it needs basic skills and patience. Ok Ok OH KAY!!!! We'll settle for just having basic skills. :ROFLMAO:

Cover always looks nasty like pollen helicopters and whatever else . I hose everything toward the pump to clear cover then wipe or scoop anything left before opening .
Could this be messing up my water ?
It's no different than any other cover, including solar covers. If you lost 1 FC from the cover crud it'd be a lot. IMO the underside of your autocover has had plenty of SLAM water interaction already.

Reactions: Mdragger88
IMO the underside of your autocover has had plenty of SLAM water interation to date.
Except those two corners that don’t touch the water . Seems I can’t reach it from outside the pool . I will try to get in and scrub today . With pool water at slam levels ? Or a spray bottle with a diff concentration Lc/water ?

Everything is pretty crammed in there . Just let the water run everywhere ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    634.7 KB · Views: 13
. With pool water at slam levels ?
Yup. Maybe the extra reach of the brush will help.
Just let the water run everywhere ?
Yup. Itll just ne regular garden hose flow and not fire hose-y. With any luck it just absorbs in the general area. Use judgement of course if it's not going to plan.

If you haver an autocover, have you inspected the cover pit? I couldn't pass a slam until I started dumping 5 gallon buckets of pool water into the well to flush it out. I also cleaned the top of my cover with pool water and pumped it off. It was pretty tedious but I passed shortly after.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you haver an autocover, have you inspected the cover pit? I couldn't pass a slam until I started dumping 5 gallon buckets of pool water into the well to flush it out. I also cleaned the top of my cover with pool water and pumped it off. It was pretty tedious but I passed shortly after.
I did with the first slam. Will tomorrow, hub can help me get that heavy cover off the pit area . Last time I poured straight Lc in there rinsed with hose , poured, rinsed .

Tried cleaning under the cover in the corners today . Basically impossible . I got maybe 10% . If I close the cover mostly, get in and look under the cover . I can see a black line of moldy looking stuff the entire length of the cover on both sides . Just brushing with pool water does nothing . Straight Lc on a rag far as I could reach helped some .

I’m just not figuring out how I could clean the entire underside of the cover ? Arms length is far as I’m getting . Laying on the ground .
Unless I pull a Dino 🦕 (flintstones)

Those areas don’t touch the water .
I’m supposing that’s how they end up black

Frustrated BPM

Here is feeder 1 . Of course it’s remained empty since opening . A weird goopy white substance . Thick viscosity like toothpaste maybe…. Pipe dopeish

Attachments

• IMG_5082.jpeg
    IMG_5082.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5079.jpeg
    IMG_5079.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5081.jpeg
    IMG_5081.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 8

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.