Post what your pool cost you to build...

400 SF free form pool with attached raised spa. 13k gallons. 3 HP Variable speed pump, IC-40 Salt System, 400k BTU natural gas heater, automation, 1500 sf total enclosure (1100 sf deck), screen enclosure, baby fencing around pool. $53k.

This post was for Esloser, i dont know why it jumped to its own post?

Wow that seems pretty good..........i live outside bridgeton, who was your pool builder that you used in this area?

Did they handle everything from start to finish? (permits, electrical, etc)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow that seems pretty good..........i live outside bridgeton, who was your pool builder that you used in this area?

Did they handle everything from start to finish? (permits, electrical, etc)

I used Blue Haven for my build. They kind of handled everything, but I definitely had to make sure I was on top of all the subs they sent out to make sure everything was done right. I have a build thread in here from start to finish.

I'd also take a serious look at Landi Pools and Games in Vineland. I've met Tom a couple of times - he came out and gave me a price quote, but it was a little higher than both Anthony Sylvan and Blue Haven.

Knowing what I know now, I'd have used him. He included a safety cover which I'm now purchasing from him for $4,500. He included colored plaster and some other things. He also included closing the pool and opening it in the Spring. I ended up paying him $1,000 to do those.

I also feel like because he is local that he would have been here and on top of every detail. I saw the project manager from Blue Haven on the first day and then never again. Everything was handled from their office. When the pool was done - nothing. No - are you happy? Are there any issues - nothing.

Awesome pools everyone. I am beginning to get a little gun shy on my pool build (which I am close to signing, but have not yet) here in Raleigh NC.
I believe I've found a very reputable, and detail oriented pool builder who has been very creative and helpful with designing our space.
Our pool will be a gunite pool, 35’ x 26’ x 15’ x 8’ Perimeter ft. = 104 Surface area = 557sq. ft. (odd shaped like a piano) with relatively decent equipment.
400 sq ft of paver deck to match, and flagstone coping. Pool will be raised 18" agl and have some matching stone work along 3 sides, with a 3ft stone wall with water feature on the 8' narrow end.
The build isn't a simple wide open area where a machine can come in and dig and push the dirt around.. its close the house, close to the property line, and has to be delicately integrated.
The job also includes all aspects of tying in the exsting pavers, stone wall and electric, cleanup, 1 month of pool service etc.
All in - $75k.
I'm seeing many pools of similar size for 40's and 50's in Texas and northern east coast...
Is it the time of year? NC in general? labor go up?
My pool build just seems higher than everyone else here and I don't know if it's because of the 18" raised nature with additional stone and paver work or if it's out of the norm.

I will admit I've had 2 other bids in the 60's.. and one low ball from a chain (BH) in the high 40's which probably set a baseline in my mind.View attachment 69740

Awesome pools everyone. I am beginning to get a little gun shy on my pool build (which I am close to signing, but have not yet) here in Raleigh NC.
I believe I've found a very reputable, and detail oriented pool builder who has been very creative and helpful with designing our space.
Our pool will be a gunite pool, 35’ x 26’ x 15’ x 8’ Perimeter ft. = 104 Surface area = 557sq. ft. (odd shaped like a piano) with relatively decent equipment.
400 sq ft of paver deck to match, and flagstone coping. Pool will be raised 18" agl and have some matching stone work along 3 sides, with a 3ft stone wall with water feature on the 8' narrow end.
The build isn't a simple wide open area where a machine can come in and dig and push the dirt around.. its close the house, close to the property line, and has to be delicately integrated.
The job also includes all aspects of tying in the exsting pavers, stone wall and electric, cleanup, 1 month of pool service etc.
All in - $75k.
I'm seeing many pools of similar size for 40's and 50's in Texas and northern east coast...
Is it the time of year? NC in general? labor go up?
My pool build just seems higher than everyone else here and I don't know if it's because of the 18" raised nature with additional stone and paver work or if it's out of the norm.

I will admit I've had 2 other bids in the 60's.. and one low ball from a chain (BH) in the high 40's which probably set a baseline in my mind.View attachment 69740

Man....that seems high. But SO hard to compare from market to market. Mine was $35K, 16x33, 85 ft. perimeter, 450 SF surface, 14.7K gallons, 500 SF of paver decking, pebble plaster, flagstone tanning ledge and coping and a 15' moss rock water feature. But it's in Texas (cost of living/housing, etc. seems to be less than much of the country) and it was three years ago. All of my bids (6) were fairly close in price except for one, who was a "premier" builder in the area and usually builds very expensive pools and I don't think really wanted to fool with mine, hence the outrageously high bid.

Only advice I can give is get as many bids as possible from reputable local PBs. Could just be it's higher in your market than here and one reason could be there aren't as many pools built, less competition, demand, etc. My PB operates mainly in my county and those immediately surrounding and usually builds 200-300 a year.

Cool looking design though....hope it works out!

I will chime in since I am in the Carolinas along with you. You can see in my signature what we will be getting. Our contract is for $65. I have read a lot of builds and from what I have seen...yours might be $5 on the high side but I think you are pretty close. My PB basic pool with nothing added was $53. You are getting a lot of custom features. I think it will be amazing!

New to this site and just now starting the design and quotation process for a pool near Austin, TX - the prices I was being told are obscene. "$100K for a standard quality pool" is something I've been told by a couple people, one who built recently and one in the pool business, and that is hard to swallow. I was hoping for $65K or so for a free form pool that might be 18'x34' with depths 3.5-6', spa isn't needed but would like some decking and water features. Maybe I'll start a thread on quotes and the build process, but my biggest mistake was getting the wife on board and don't want to say I had no idea what it would cost before doing so!

I have heard that is on the high side to build in the Austin area. Maybe due to rock but I would just get more bids and wait for the off season. Even if you start now you won't swim till next year unless you have a heater.

I have heard that is on the high side to build in the Austin area. Maybe due to rock but I would just get more bids and wait for the off season. Even if you start now you won't swim till next year unless you have a heater.

Thanks for the reply. I was told the off season won't impact price that much here, but would impact build schedule. I definitely have rock in my back yard but I think demand and willingness to buy even at a high price point is what has driven up prices in the Austin area.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm in the DFW area and we didn't have any rock, but we are coming in at 65k. My guess is, if you just want a beautiful pool and simple decking, 65k is doable. If you also want an outdoor kitchen, cabana and a lot of fancy decking, 100k is not unrealistic.

Austin, TX is a crazy market - we are currently building a 16 x 18 x 34 pool only with some decking and after talking to quite a few PB (however only 3 sent quotes) - we settled on a bid for $75K - way above what I had imagined but the wife and kid were relentless - off season prices remain same as demand is high

San Antonio, Texas- Great topic and will bring me out from "lurking" to make my first post. We have been designing and requesting bids since February. When we can get a builder to respond with a design and bid, they are all above 100K. In ground-Gunite 36x23. We have bids from 3 PB and have been patiently waiting on 2 other PB to even respond to requests. I call every two weeks to "remind" them we are still interested and would like to see what they offer. You can definitely tell the economy is strong when you have to remind people and be told to wait in line to pay them 100K. Initially, we had a budget of 65K and in my mind, it should cost that. I also agree with the lack of "off-season" savings. The only consolation would be a faster build time. I have read extensively on this site and value the knowledge that is so generously shared.

See details in my sig. We got 4 bids - all within ~12k for similar pool config/features. Depending on decking options.

~55 for the pool, ~11 for auto cover, ~10 for decking (1100 sft) and extras (swg, lights, heater, jets, etc). Total 76. Plus ~29 for landscaping (we're on a hill retaining wall), 2 for additional electrical.

Saved money by knowing a crane guy, leaving dirt on property, getting own permit, and skipping final grading (passed of to landscaper).

So far, real total : 107. Still need furniture and such... Was trying to keep it under 80. Nope.

$485000. A house was included with the pool.

Ha, I wasn't going to go there, but since you did...

Total cost of my pool: $0. Included landscaping.

The closest comp to my house when I bought it was just down the street. Way less of a view. 200sq ft smaller, no pool. $5K less. So I basically got a free pool, plus mature landscaping. The realtor's conservative estimate was a $100K backyard. Not to detract from those that paid for a build. You get to have it your way. And it's brand new. But if your life-long dream is to have a pool, and you can't justify plunking down six figures, buying a house that already has one is a very cost effective way to go.

The part of my tale that I am not disclosing is what I put into the pool after I bought the house! ;)

Pool not finished so I don’t have a total yet. We received 3 bids after talking with 4 builders. I believe the lowest came in 80K and the highest was 133K. The lowest bid included what I would consider builder grade finishes and the highest seemed to include more high end finishes. This can definitely make a difference in the total cost of a pool. I am located in San Antonio.

honest pb he is a friend but my wife gave him a 44 k budget i did the concrete around pool and i did pay for the blue stiegler rock coping and do a lot of labor too like help with plumbing and elect (mostly dry fitting tho) i did the backfill and haul off of dirt what i did not use as the back yard was flat and needed some dirt work i did all landscaping and grass we paid cash to his subs for really good discounts i got a deal on rebar from contractor that doubled his order on accident:confused: and now looking at what we did get he did not cheat us on equipment or structure he even added 4 ft to pool as it was going to be 32 x 16 and stayed on 44k( only thing was he would not do swg he is old school ) so i did it with the help here THANKS again TFP. i love my pool :cool:

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180503_095916.jpg
    MVIMG_20180503_095916.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 576

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.