Post what your pool cost you to build...

I am building a T shaped pool. It is listed as 18'x43' which is what the main part of the "T" would be if it were just a rectangle pool. The top of the "T" is the shallow end and is 16'x32'. It is a steel wall panel pool with a 30 mil vinyl liner and 16', four step vinyl over steps on one end of the shallow end. The walls are 48" deep wall panels, as opposed to standard 42" panels. I will have 2 skimmers, 4 returns, 2-inch plumbing all around. I will have a Pentair 1.5HP Superflo Variable Speed pump, a 30" Triton II sand filter, a Circupool RJ-60 Plus SWG. I will not have a heater.

All the materials including construction materials will cost me $11,000 (not including concrete for the decking).

Below is my dig sheet, most of my kit contents and a cheesy 2-D computer sketch I made for what the pool should look like once installed.
I have contracted for the excavation work, smoothing the bottom and liner install, but I will be doing all the plumbing and decking.

I would love thoughts on my pool kit and equipment costs?

Megna ordered pool.jpg

Megna Parts list.jpg

landscape drawing.jpg

I am building a T shaped pool. It is listed as 18'x43' which is what the main part of the "T" would be if it were just a rectangle pool. The top of the "T" is the shallow end and is 16'x32'. It is a steel wall panel pool with a 30 mil vinyl liner and 16', four step vinyl over steps on one end of the shallow end. The walls are 48" deep wall panels, as opposed to standard 42" panels. I will have 2 skimmers, 4 returns, 2-inch plumbing all around. I will have a Pentair 1.5HP Superflo Variable Speed pump, a 30" Triton II sand filter, a Circupool RJ-60 Plus SWG. I will not have a heater.

All the materials including construction materials will cost me $11,000 (not including concrete for the decking).

Below is my dig sheet, most of my kit contents and a cheesy 2-D computer sketch I made for what the pool should look like once installed.
I have contracted for the excavation work, smoothing the bottom and liner install, but I will be doing all the plumbing and decking.

I would love thoughts on my pool kit and equipment costs?

View attachment 50894

View attachment 50896

View attachment 50895

You need a build thread! You'll get lots of people chiming in if you start one! [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dallas,TX.

Pool (34 x 17, Freeform, 96 Perimeter), Spa (7x7, Freeform), 10' Grotto, 12" Raised Wall connecting Spa to Grotto, Blue Granite Pebblesheen, 488sq ft of Noce Travertine, All Jandy equipment including JXI 400K (w/ 2016 Versaplumb bypass),2HP Variable Speed pump, Aquapure SWCG, and iAquaLink automation, a raised level going from main pool level to spa, 4 LED lights, Polaris 280, Bobcat Shuttle for excavation, 1/2" rebar, #10 centers, etc.

I will get out the door at $68.9K. Quoted 5 other reputable builders, this was $4-$5k less than everyone else. We splurged a bit and went with a builder that would put in a high quality pool. I could have gotten similiar for $62K-$64k from a high volume builder in the area, but you get what you pay for in my opinion. I don't plan on moving for 7-10 years, but I have seen crappy inground pools so decided building was the right thing to do.

If anyone is looking for finance tips, I secured a 20 year fixed @ 5.99%. Only financing 40% and plan to have this all paid off in 2 years, but it gives me cash flow options.
]
sounds great
where are the images ?

Build hasn't begun yet. Kit arrives end of next week.

i posted here too see how good of a deal I got on my kit & equipment

It's okay if it hasn't begun yet if you want to start one. I started one very early in the design stages and they even helped me get my design just right here on TFP. Here was fine, but starting a build thread is awesome if you are definitely going to build. [emoji5]. Since you have design plans and equipment lists already, I think it's time to start one! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We rehabbed our pool. 15x30 20k gallons. Ripped up a bunch of decking, re-plumbed the pool, new liner, had concrete steps poured and moved the equipment pad about 10'. This included a new vinyl liner, new gas line, completely new electric sub-panel and rewiring. Total was a about $17k.

Our pool shell is from the 1980s and had all original plumbing that was leaking. The shell is about 18in thick concrete, it's overbuilt, our old skimmer was encased in solid concrete that went 3' deep. With this rehab I figure we gave the pool another 20-30 years of life. We'll need to replace the liners, and other equipment as it fails, but the structure and plumbing are solid now. While doing it we solved a drainage problem with the house and re-ran our gutter downspouts. The pool builder charged me $150 to re-run the downspouts through new piping, something a plumber has estimated would be $1k or more if he did it. The PB just charged me for materials.

We also had 12 hemlock trees cut down as part of this. They had grown to be large and shaded the pool. With the trees gone we have full sun from morning until around 7:30pm at night. Tree removal was $3k and mentally I include that in the rehab price and consider the full cost $20k. But in practice we only paid $17k, but there's no way I'd be caught dead swimming in a cold pool. I grew up in Ohio and I'm done with the cold! Pool is currently 90 deg and rising, no complaints.. We're in Pittsburgh, PA.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.