Pool virgin

sunflwrgurly

Jun 25, 2023
Arkansas
So, I’ve bought a house with a pool. Things I know…. It is inground, has a liner that needs replaced, and it is oval. It is also a biology experiment! I am going to try to pump out the water because at present I don’t even know how deep it is. Where is the most economical place to order a liner with quick turnaround? Once I replace the liner, what’s next? Idk anything about my mechanics or if it’s functioning. I will cross that bridge when I come to it. I need to know EVERYTHING! Thanks!

Are you sure the liner needs replacing? How old is it?
Are you planning on replacing the liner yourself? If not, then you would contact some installers who will measure & order the liner for you then install it when it arrives.
Here’s some info on how to safely drain or exchange water.
& on liner replacement considerations

Oh fun!! Those petri dish pools are the most fun to turn around into sparkling oasis's ! Draining isn't as fun to watch as fixing but if you think the liner is shot you have to do what you have to do. Drain carefully and replace.

-First bit of advice is to read some basics -->. Pool Care Basics
-Next lets estimate your pool's volume--> see the bottom of this older version of pool math for the section titled "Estimating Pool Volume".... PoolMath
-You WILL need a good test kit, as we don't trust pool stores one iota. I prefer the TF-Pro (salt, since I have a salt pool) which you can check out at www.tftestkits.net. OR look online for the K-2006C test kit. They both use Taylor reagents but the TF-100 or TF-Pro are better buys.
-If you don't know what equipment you have just show us some pics of the pool and equipment pad.

Pool Care Basics
Test Kits Compared

And to show what we can teach you: How Clear is TFP Clear?

Holler back with questions as they come up.

Maddie:flower:

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.