Pool/ Spa question

FloridaPoolNewbie

Bronze Supporter
May 5, 2021
Florida
Helping out a neighbor with a newly installed pool and spa. They dropped off some samples and are dealing with the classic green pool, need a SLAM story as old as time.

I've noticed the samples are a little different in the results and without seeing it or asking them, I assume you treat the pool and this same water supplies the hot tub. Is there any exception to this rule?

How new of a pool?
Testing the water chemistry is the same.

The water is all the same in an integrated pool spa system.

You need to look at their pool/spa setup and see if they have a raised spa with a spillover, and the spillover is running, in which case the SLAM Process will treat the pool and spa.

Reactions: FloridaPoolNewbie
Yikes. Doing a SLAM on very new plaster is not good. What happened to the start up process?

It's fiberglass. I have no clue, they had a lot of trouble with the builder and it seems like they disregarded adding the appropriate start up chemicals.
This makes me sad 😢- but it happens all the time!
Get your friends their own test kit & set them up with
PoolMath & the
Pool Care Basics
so they can manage their new investment properly after you are done helping/guiding them through this
SLAM Process
Being a nice neighbor is one thing but you wanna set them up to be self reliant, not reliant on you. Ask me how I know lol 😆

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.