SWG level when using Spa

kichi

Sep 2, 2013
Pool Size
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi All,

With my newly installed IntelliChlor, I am trying to dial in all the settings. I have a 450 gallon attached spa. When I was using bleach, the rule of thumb was to add 5 oz of 6% bleach for every person hour after I am done using the spa. As per the pool calculator, based on my spa size and SWG model (IC-60), that translates to 25% SWG output. Should I set my spa percentage to 25% per person when I am soaking (25% if I am alone, 100% if 4 of us)? Or should the chlorine be added after I am done soaking?

Thanks

I have mine set at 5% I think. You just want a bit of chlorine being added when using the Spa. The water is completely exchanged with pool water after the spa use is done.

But 5% will only increase the FC by 1.1 ppm per hour. We will be using a lot more chlorine, right?

I usually exchange the water with the pool too, but that means it needs to be heated up again (if I am planning to use the tub again the same day).

Then use a higher setting. I think you will regret not exchanging the spa with the pool water after using it.