Pool pump stops and restarts on own

Jtr270

Jul 20, 2023
Hurst Texas
Hoping someone can help me out. Background, I’ve had my pool for a year now and have had the same issue occurring since then. There’s been 3 different companies come out to try to fix this problem, all they’ve done is replaced the pump and drive 2 times now. It’s a fiberglass pool, 4 seat jets, 2 deck fountains, all pentair 3hp VSP, intellicor salt cell, intelliconnect, silencer air blower for the seat jets when enabled, a pentair cc 100 cartridge filter, and Hayward electric heater/chiller (installed after pool construction). Here’s my issue, I have it programmed at 1800rpm 24/7 with a day and night clean for an hour each. Even though it’s programmed, it shuts off and then starts right back up sporadically (I was able to catch it in the act on the video). I had to disable the priming function bc every time this happens it shoots the jets on the patio. There’s no bubbles coming out of the returns and it stays primed, yet this still happens. Please flood me with your knowledge explaining it to me like a 5 year old as I’m new at this. Appreciate it in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1757.jpeg
    IMG_1757.jpeg
    672.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1758.jpeg
    IMG_1758.jpeg
    741.2 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    622 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to TFP.

Your problems is a known problem with Intelliconnect PNRA1 firmware. Contact Pentair and make a warranty claim for a board replacement.

Pentair IntelliConnect devices have two different board versions in distribution denoted by PIF or PNR. This problem is with the PNRA1 firmware. If you have the problem with the PNR version exchange it for the PIF version. I have heard that Pentair now has PNRA version boards with updated firmware.

That simple enough for the 5 year old?

If we were helpful to you we would appreciate the support…

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.