Pool filter cleaning best practices Hayward

They give outside dimensions. It is height that varies. Once you see it will be clear.
Measure the length of the grid (not the top nipple just end to end of the fabric).Your filter is either a 36/48/60 sq ft-if the inches are 18” then it’s a 36 sq ft-if 24” it’s a 48 so ft-if it’s 30” then it’s a 60 sq ft grid

Add 1 lb per 10 sq ft-so a 18”/36 takes 3.6 lbs or 4 would be fine a 24/48” takes 4.8 lbs or 5 is ok and a 30/60” takes 6 lbs.
If you do take the grids apart it can be tricky reassembling them.

Reactions: Pkhpool
Measure the length of the grid (not the top nipple just end to end of the fabric).Your filter is either a 36/48/60 sq ft-if the inches are 18” then it’s a 36 sq ft-if 24” it’s a 48 so ft-if it’s 30” then it’s a 60 sq ft grid

Add 1 lb per 10 sq ft-so a 18”/36 takes 3.6 lbs or 4 would be fine a 24/48” takes 4.8 lbs or 5 is ok and a 30/60” takes 6 lbs.
If you do take the grids apart it can be tricky reassembling them.
Thanks poolmaster I’m More concerned with the taking apart and this guide is perfect either 5 or 6 lbs of DF as I’m going to home
Depot and want to have enough and a 1lb scoop is a bonus- finally got a pool

Thanks poolmaster I’m More concerned with the taking apart and this guide is perfect either 5 or 6 lbs of DF as I’m going to home
Make sure you buy pool grade DE.

Check all the grids for tears and the manifold for cracks before putting together the grids.The first time can be tricky it’s hard to explain how to do them properly it’s easier to show people.Their is probably a video on here or You Tube showing how to do it.

Check all the grids for tears and the manifold for cracks before putting together the grids.The first time can be tricky it’s hard to explain how to do them properly it’s easier to show people.Their is probably a video on here or You Tube showing how to do it.
There are seven full size and one partial that goes by the standpipe.Make sure the tank o ring is good too they get swollen and can be hard to put the lid back on.Not trying to scare you but there is a lot of little things that make the process a little tricky.

There are seven full size and one partial that goes by the standpipe.Make sure the tank o ring is good too they get swollen and can be hard to put the lid back on.Not trying to scare you but there is a lot of little things that make the process a little tricky.
I have the pool magic lubricant to put back around the main seal

Reactions: 98Poolmaster
Thanks for all your input if I back wash the filter does it still take the same amount of DE as if I take a part and clean thanks will start in the next few hrs

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Filter parts cleaned

Attachments

• IMG_1906.jpeg
    IMG_1906.jpeg
    359.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1905.jpeg
    IMG_1905.jpeg
    281.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1904.jpeg
    IMG_1904.jpeg
    624 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1903.jpeg
    IMG_1903.jpeg
    489.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1902.jpeg
    IMG_1902.jpeg
    463.6 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 1
Ok they are 13 inch width x18 inch length

Just looked on the manufacturer website

• Brand New *Unicel FG 1002* Swimming Pool Vertical D.R. Filter Grid
  • 12" long
  • 11" wide
  • 24 sq. ft
  • Collar has open slot (2 notches)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.