Pool filter cleaning best practices Hayward

Looking at the filters and the oem filter part number DEX2400DA from Hayward appears o have a de2420 filter and going off your post 22 and 23 I need 3lbs of DE

See below and confirm thanks much

Attachments

• IMG_1908.jpeg
    IMG_1908.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 2
Looking at the filters and the oem filter part number DEX2400DA from Hayward appears o have a de2420 filter and going off your post 22 and 23 I need 3lbs of DE

See below and confirm thanks much
Make sure they are 12” and not 18” -that isn’t a very common size but if that’s what you measured then it is a 24 sq ft so add 3 lbs that will work

Great thanks this is off Hayward also “The Hayward DEX2400DA Filter Grid is the perfect choice for your Pro-Grid Vertical Grid DE Series DE2420 Filter. This 12 inches long filter grid provides maximum, efficient filtering of even the smallest particles in your pool. Seven filter grids are required for the Pro-Grid filters.” So just summary I took the filter part number then look at it online and it told me it was the Hayward dex2400da which makes my filter the de2450 filter just based on post 22 and 23

Last edited:
Great thanks this is off Hayward also The Hayward DEX2400DA Filter Grid is the perfect choice for your Pro-Grid Vertical Grid DE Series DE2420 Filter. This 12 inches long filter grid provides maximum, efficient filtering of even the smallest particles in your pool. Seven filter grids are required for the Pro-Grid filters.
The 24 does only take seven grids sounds like you got it.Disassembling that filter isn’t as tricky as the bigger ones.

So just summary I took the filter part number then look at it online and it told me it was the Hayward dex2400da which makes my filter the de2450 filter just based on post 22 and 23.. so 3lbs of DF as you all suggest. Any idea how much pool guys charge for doing this thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.