Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hello all, We finally got a few pool bids now. Our lot is a bit sloped and we have a huge existing concrete patio as well as our septic field nearby, so it was a little tricky to design. Mostly we want a pool that will allow our family of 4 and guests to enjoy, and for us to do laps for exercise.
This bid is the one from the pool builder whose design we like the best. We will try to finalize all the details soon. A lot of the details are way over our head, so I was wondering if you experts could give me some feedback on what you would change or add, or if everything looks good? We are excited and hope to get started soon! We are in Austin, TX. Thank you for your advice!

Pool will be gunite 20x40 with 12" walls and floor
4 foot deep on each end, and 5 feet deep in the middle.

Feature wall with dual water sheers, Faux Infinity Wall - wrapped in tile
Limestone, marble or travertine coping
Micropebble finish plaster radiant fusion blend
Coverstar auto pool cover
All Jandy pool equipment:
- 2 hp VSP pump
- Cartridge filter CV460
- Aqualink RS automated control system with salt cell
- 400K BTU propane heater
- 5 Jandy nicheless watercolor lights
- Pentair 920 robot cleaner
Plumbing
- All lines run with SCH 40 pvc
- 2 main drains 2.5" VGB compliant
- 1.5" lines for lights
- 2" lines for returns
- 2 skimmers
- Auto-fill system

Attachments

• pool design.jpeg
    pool design.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 50
What model number Jandy pump?

Aqualink include iAqualink?

What model heater? With or without Versaflo?

What model pool lights?

2 skimmers placed where in the pool?

How many returns? Placed where?

What size Aquapure SWG cell?

How will Coverstar cover be controlled to open and close?

Will water features be controlled by Aqualink? Get details on the controls.

How will the water features be prevented from running when the cover is closed?

This is a very nice design. I like the baja deck in middle with stairs on each side.
Good area for swimming laps.

All your equipment looks good.
The salt cell should be rated 2x your pool volume. The largest Jandy makes is a 40k gal cell call the AquaPure 1400. Suggest you ensure that is what is being supplied. I estimate your pool volume will be about 27k gals which should be Ok for use with the AP1400 cell.

Get the model of the 2HP VS pump by Jandy.

The Jandy AquaLink automation system should be the RS-6 model which allows more items to be controlled.

For the 2 skimmers - ensure they are independently plumbed back to the equipment pad and each should have a Jandy Neverlube 2-way valve to control it. This allows independent control of each skimmer suction.

What type of Lights? I assume they are nichless but Jandy has various models so get that defined.

Our lot is a bit sloped and we have a huge existing concrete patio as well as our septic field nearby, so it was a little tricky to design.
Suggest that you have a professional engineer design the pool structure and determine if any retaining wall is required. Don't just take the PB's word that he "have done it a 1000 times with no issues"

On the construction side…..
Will the infinity wall be 40’ long?
Is the slope of the property sloping away from the house?
Will the feature wall be constructed in Shotcrete or block?
Pour-A-Lids for skimmers and auto fill covers?
Dedicated overflow line?
1’ accent tile on the steps?
Umbrella selves on the reef step?
Start of transition depths on pool floor?
PSI of Shotcrete/Gunite?

Allen, Herman, and Aqua-holics, thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback! These are great questions that we would have had no clue to even ask. I will send the list of questions to our PB and find out more details. thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.