Ozone with or without saltwater

Status
Not open for further replies.
65 Chlorine is most likely Cal-hypo. So you have not added any CYA to your pool.

Check around from that Spanish provider. You will need to get proper testing equipment.

Terrific, make sure you get the 2006 model it has both the CYA test and the FAS-DPD test. Both are essential to maintaining a sanitary TFP pool.

Now, if it were me. When you order the test kit. I would start by buying some of that stabilized (ie CYA added, or Dichlor) chlorine and start adding that to your pool. No point in wasting a test to see that you have 0 CYA in your pool (since we really think that is the case).

That is of course if you want to follow the TFP method.

I tried the poolmath but it doesn’t really work if your regional settings are not fully US. The app displays comma as a decimal point under my settings but then doesn’t like it because it is not a dot. And I don’t want to mess with my regional settings just to make it work. I have Orenda app which is more stable but just tells me directly how much CYA I need to put it in terms of kg, not chlorine containing CYA.

And no there is no titration test for CYA in the market. I found just a test strip which is very crude. According to that I have close to 0 CYA.
I'm sorry you can't make pool math work. I attached a screen shot of effects of adding powder dichlor just to give you an idea of what it will do to FC and CYA in a 24000 gal pool.Screenshot_20220809-083758.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.