Our green monster! oh no!

Thanks for that info. Only read one other thread that had to resort to ALUM to fix them up. Was after the pool was only cloudy, with no green or brown evident.

I, too, was under that impression. But, if I recall correctly, they have passed the OCLT, even with the green/cloudy water. Seems a bit unusual for it to stay cloudy/green for an extended period of time after passing. Though No two SLAMs are the same.

Numbers are still excellent today. Beginning to wonder if someone put paint or dye of some sort in there lol.. Pics show much greener look than it actually looks to the naked eye.. More milky gray blue.. Can't think of anything that is that color to compare it to.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If you look at other pics on this forum of people that did major SLAM, you'll see a familiar pattern where the color went from green/dark green, to light green, to blue, to a grey-ish type color, sometimes more white and cloudy, then in some cases overnight just flipped to clear just by following the SLAM page to the letter. Just takes time.

Thanks for that info. Only read one other thread that had to resort to ALUM to fix them up. Was after the pool was only cloudy, with no green or brown evident.

That's probably the same thread I was thinking about. The pool was still cloudy 5 weeks after starting the SLAM. There was a huge improvement 2 days after adding the Alum Floc. This thread seems very similar to that one.

AllMar - Here's a link to page 10 of that thread:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/96340-Helping-a-friend-This-should-be-a-good-one/page10
The Floc was added in post #194 & you can see the results in post #216. I believe they had to Floc again about a week later to completely clear the water.

Wow this is almost an identical story.. I think the alum flock may be our only alternative as well.. I believe that person's pool is only about 40 miles from us. Maybe something about our area.. We still look like this today..
fec6ca828306930458d001655b2239d3.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.