Official 2024 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Dusted these chicken thighs with Yardbird and then cooked for 45 min. with the vortex. Family couldn’t get enough. Very juicy and flavorful.View attachment 565066
Looks great Funny I did some thighs and a spatchcock chicken again on the rectec smoker :cheers:

Had some pieces of leftover ribeye that had been smoked and seared. Were thinner pieces that were a little too well done and wouldn't have been good just reheated. Decided to shred them with food processor's cheese grater. Used the griddle to make cheesesteaks. Turned out awesome. No pics, was late and they just looked like normal cheesesteaks. Would do again. Love the griddle!

Reactions: Newdude
Those thighs look fantastic! Nice job. I hardly use my Kettle any more, but I still think it’s the most versatile grill you can get, especially for the price. I never got a Vortex, but have the Slow n Sear.

Well, summer is officially on! Cooked the first brisket of the year. It’s only a small flat, since it’s just for me and my wife, but a fun cook. Gotta be more careful with the flat because, without the point, it can dry out quickly. Cooked at 250° until IT hit 160°, then wrapped with some beef broth. Didn’t probe tender enough until IT hit 207°, so I was a bit worried about it being dry, but it was just fine! 20F5B473-3826-475F-A5CD-87D211E0F42B20240515_180204.jpeg